Had my Berks fitted today :)

Squee

Bit of a pointless post this but I've just got back from collecting my Zed as it was having the HFCs fitted today. WOW, what a sound it's making, absolutely gorgeous :cloud9: I've not had a remap done but I can feel an improvement too. I don't really know the correct terminology but it feels faster and more responsive :lol:

Some of you might have seen a previous post of mine about me buying the Berks from the States when I was out there recently and bringing them home on the plane.... I don't wish to do any UK traders on here out of a sale but if you're able to travel light thus have plenty of room in a suitcase then I'd recommend it. They definitely make a much more enjoyable and useful souvenier than a stick of rock And the savings to be made are, in my opinion, worth the hassle of lugging them back to the UK.

I've been advised to get the Zed noise tested prior to my trackday next week so I'm going to Oulton tomorrow afternoon to get the old dbs checked - I'm looking forward to finding out just how loud it is teehee.

:wave:

S.

glad you enjoying them, they were one of the best things i added to my zed.

Just a note of caution though, have you had an uprev / remap prior to the HFC's if so its likely you need one again asap.

I had an uprev after my exhaust and this made the car run lean, i then added the hfcs which also made the car run lean, combined together the car was running very very lean and it needed the uprev again quick sharpish.

If not dont worry you should be fine, enjoy B)

Aw thanks all and sorry for the pointless thread showing off but I'm just so thrilled :)

Will - thanks for the info - my car hasn't been mapped in the past so I should be safe.

You forgot to mention the important awesome part about the exhaust you have them on with :#1:

quite right. I LOVE MY BUDDYCLUB ;)

S.

Oulton park at the 102 -105 db level but do get your car remapped sooner rather than later HFC's, run lean and do need a remap. Also its not uncommon for you o2 sensors to throw an engine light.

Yup, this has happened to me even with the O2 spacers from Zmanalex.

109 db :lol::#1:

Time to dig the bungs out of the garage I guess. Ooops!

S.

:headhurt:

Lol yikes I wonder what mines really is with the decats. What rpm was that tested at?

The noise chappy asked me to go up to 6K so that was the 6K db.

I returned to Oulton the following day with the bungs in to be retested but had another problem.....I'd managed to loose one of the bungs en-route :doh: ...couldn't believe it, what a t!t I am! I can't figure out how it happened as they were properly bolted on but the noise tester said it does happen occasionally. He also read the db out of the pipe with the bung in and said it was fine and I've sourced a replacement bung so hopefully I'm all sorted now! It was fezza owner's day at Oulton and I don't know how well they appreciated a noisy little Nissan gatecrashing the party :lol:

Oulton park at the 102 -105 db level but do get your car remapped sooner rather than later HFC's, run lean and do need a remap. Also its not uncommon for you o2 sensors to throw an engine light.

Yup, this has happened to me even with the O2 spacers from Zmanalex.

Unfortunately my fault management light came on earlier in the week too and this was despite the oxygen sensors being fitted along with the Berks. We read and re-set them with the diagnostics scanner and it hasn't come back since but has made me realise it's best to get the remap done soon. I was half tempted to get up to RS Tuning in Leeds armed with a credit card and beg them to squeeze me in this week but didn't really want to do Oulton without being familiar of how the car feels chipped.

S.