Not good at all

maxi-glasgow

As others have said: glad you are ok and that is the most important thing. That looks like it could have gone a lot worse.

I've lived in countries where the tow trucks arrive hours before any police or rescue... So just glad you are ok.

Having said that, let's hope the cameras get the moron who didnt tie down his load properly....

Glad you're ok mate! Must have been scary as hell, bet you're having nightmares, flashbacks and a fear of driving your car! Well that's what you should say when you're putting in your claim haha .. You're a lucky man in all seriousness

Was travelling along the M8 and heading down the clyde tunnel slip road on Friday afternoon and lorry in front of me shed two large metal sheets into the air, and one came crashing down on me. Was like slow motion when it happened but it's only afterwards that I think how lucky that I was that 1. It was only the windscreen and 2. I never got killed...

Had almost the same thing happen to me in the Z about 4 years ago. 2 sheets of metal came flying out of back of a truck door that sung open (obviously not properly closed). Thankfully I managed to drop a bit of speed off, irrespective of idiot tailgating me, and it left two deep gouges in the bonnet. Certainly not a nice feeling. Cost me a new bonnet, as didn't want to claim it. The truck driver was essentially illegal had no owner name and number on front door, and he made sure he changed lanes immediately so I couldn't get the plate. Happened on a very exposed, often windy motorway overpass in rush hour traffic. :wacko:

I watched as the two sheets flew about 20-30 feet in the air like kites,

It's amazing how heavy bits of metal can fly through the air like that. Main thing is it hit your window and not your roof or more importantly you! Windows are easily fixed. :thumbs: