PLEASE HELP!

BlackBullet

about 2 weeks ago i had a water leak, the garage told me it was the water pump, so i bought one and they changed it.

2 hours ago i had another huge water leak.. i was driving the car pretty roughly and i hit around 196 m/h on the freeway.. when i got to where i wanted to be i noticed the engine was a little hot from the outside, a few minutes after i turned around and saw a hug puddle of water coming from underneath the car...

Is that normal?

Do i just wait for the car to cool down and put water back in the radiator and the car will be fine??

Is the car just teaching me a lesson and telling me to take it easy and not push it so much?

and i live in the middle east so its pretty hot over here.. PLEASE REPLY i dont want to go to another garage.. i need 350z people opinions :scare::headhurt:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

196 mph ? car doesn;t go that fast unless thats not a stock engine?

guessing speed limits are different over there?

as for huge puddle and fluid loss, have you checked the coolant level? it might not be the coolant

but my money is on something going pop. a hose come loose or something gave way, you'll need to get in and check all the hoses and connectors, my first check would be where it connects to the rad.

did something go through the rad? at that speed it would have oblitorated the rad.

an easy way to check is poor water in and watch where it pi$$es out

Was the puddle behind the front left wheel?

The air conditioner will drip condensation in the heat. Sometimes it can seem like quite a lot of water if the air is humid and the air con has been on a while.

I'll assume you meant 196km/h, so that's roughly 120mph to save anyone else doing the calculation :)

Sounds like you've got a pretty big leak somewhere without stating the obvious, so I suspect a hose has come loose or gone pop. Get underneath and have a look, if necessary fill with water to see where it's all coming from. Definitely coolant and not anything else?

If it is coolant and it's a hose loose or damaged, then you obviously need to get it fixed BEFORE driving anywhere else, especially in those kind of temps.

just did the conversion, i'm guessing you meant KMph which would put you at about 120mph

as has been said above, might be aircon shifting the condensation.

check your coolant level first. this will rule out all kinds of issues. or highlight the obvious

To be honest, nope it was 196 miles, my car is american and i dunno if they were made for our heat.. plus yes i have a few things under bonnet and iv opened the cars chest as they say.. let it all out every little bit of power coming from that v6 goes to the back wheels.. and by pushing it i mean racing against a twin turbo s2000 that was fast in acceleration but no where near me in straights.. and yeah its hard to believe cause after the race i nearly shat my self :yuck:

and yeah it is water.. the thing is would it be fine if i used it to get to uni tomorrow and back if i just fill it up with water? my temp went down as i was driving it home and i was hoping maybe its not a leak or a popped hose and just the car bean EXTREMELY hot which made it kinda puke out its guts :headhurt:

So basically you absolutely maxed your car out (assuming you haven't fiddled with the gearbox ratios) whilst racing on a freeway? A closed freeway I'm hoping?

Look, if you just fill your car up without checking stuff then you might as well not listen to anything we've said. Get under the car and check for damage, else you could have a very expensive bill coming.

I think il get down to my driveway and left the car up now XD see if i can fix it .. and yeah basically iv never driven my car like this before.. so yeah i never new that puppy could do all that.. and no it wasnt a closed freeway XD there was traffic.. but luckily not much XD

happens every week over here its a blast.. we got ****ing gt3 porches going vs bugatti veyrons :bang: It makes u wanna cry

So i cant go to uni ? :bangin: And yeah ill check the hoses too :)

if all the hoses and the rad are fine then possibly yes you can go to uni.

your car your choice :shrug:

it will only take you 5 min to open the bonnet and look

step 1

open bonnet

step 2

take lid off coolant

step 3

peer inside and see if there is any fluid

step 4

if no fluid, check all the hoses

step 5

check rad

step 6

if still not sure pour water in through now open coolant bottle, and wait to see water come out.

step 7

look where water is coming from

step 8

tell us, or ring your local garage.

:bang:

So i cant go to uni ? :bangin: And yeah ill check the hoses too :)

if all the hoses and the rad are fine then possibly yes you can go to uni.

your car your choice :shrug:

it will only take you 5 min to open the bonnet and look

step 1

open bonnet

step 2

take lid off coolant

step 3

peer inside and see if there is any fluid

step 4

if no fluid, check all the hoses

step 5

check rad

step 6

if still not sure pour water in through now open coolant bottle, and wait to see water come out.

step 7

look where water is coming from

step 8

tell us, or ring your local garage.

:bang:

Yeah il go down now il be back in about 45 mins.. and il let u know.. il take some pictures if i can .. so BRB

Just back and i didnt really see any hoses misplaced or leaks, however there was a leak behind the front right wheel that i couldnt reach.. and 1 thing.. when i put water into the radiator about 5 mins later it started boiling and steaming even though the car has been off for about 1 and a half hours... any idea? oh plus the water was brown-ish.. any ideas on that?

On a scale of 1 to broken, it sounds like you're f***ed.

Seriously, that needs proper looking at. What's the oil level like? Also at this point it might help if you told us the specs of the car so we know what you've done to it.