350z v BMW 135i - 3rd gear head to head

Mrdeli

From a steady 30mph start to 70mph-ish in 3rd gear, my brother and I paced our two cars today. To my delight, the Zed was still just about a meter behind his boot at the end - I have new respect for the Zed ;)

The Zed is even quicker than I though :band:

yeah but 135i are fast and light try him on a 0-60 race or throw in some corners then you will beat him

If the BMW stops for a Burger King, maybe.

I know which is the quicker (and more expensive) car, but I know which I'd rather drive for a hoon. :drive1

Official is about 5.2, but most magazine tests show around 4.7 (the official time was blunted to stop M3 owners getting upset)

I read that somewhere too, my mate has a 135 and it is stupid fast, feels alot quicker than the zed i must say but i guess only one way to find out......

I know which is the quicker (and more expensive) car, but I know which I'd rather drive for a hoon. :drive1

Yep. And I would add Im surprised that the Z is quicker at any speed TBH, the 335i I drove was faster than mine pretty much everywhere and obviously weighs more than a 135.

Seeing as it went round Laguna Seca faster than a 370, and has 295 lb/ft at 1500 rpm and there are at least 10 videos showing 135's going past 350's on youtube, Id say you were a bit lucky :)

Tell your brother to get a JB4/JB+ tuning box fitted..these are WHP reading :scare:

dyno2.jpg

This apparently what the engine unit makes with down pipes (£600), cold air intake (£100), and JB4 box (£320). So about £1K you can get close to M3 power levels!!

dyno3.jpg

Going to stick my 355i on a RR soon to see what the JB+ and intercooler have done to BHP but my butt dyno tells me its a lot quicker than my old Z .... must resist fitting downpipes... :headhurt::headhurt: