How easy is it to carbon wrap??

FUG

hmmm a lot has been sold and a lot of positive feedback, for a few quid its probably worth a go! not overly fussed about how realistic it looks, just anything to cover up some of the cheap matt black plastic parts will do nicely! :thumbs:

Just finished wrapping the number plate surround looks ok for a first attempt and considering that only a thin bit of the surround shows it could be worse! Will try get some pics up. Will see how the cheap stuff holds up in the british weather. Have a few offcuts left, any good ideas on small parts to wrap, perhaps stuff inside the cabin??

I'd just buy some film from ebay and play around with it on small, simple shapes. Gradually you can move to more complex shapes. It's not too difficult once you get a feel for how the film stretches when hot. You'll also need a bunch of really sharp (razor) blades and a hairdryer/heatgun. Once you're comfortable you can move on to important parts (the Zed).

I've been playing around with 3M Di-Noc a bit recently and each time I wrap something, I learn something new, just try it mate :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

FUG, any pics of your wrapped number plate mounting bracket?

I've thought about doing mine as I've a few off cuts of vinyl that might be enough to do the job. Just be interested to see how it looks.

Cheers :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Not the best pic (or angle) in the world, taken from a mobile - hopefully gives you some idea. Quite pleased with the turn out, looks subtle enough and disguises the cheap black plastic OEM surround, not bad for a first time wrapper!!

• 5 months later...

Now what to wrap next :bounce:

Hmm some interior bits I think. A lot of people do the rear strut bar insert I've noticed, is this easy to remove??

Also going back to earlier - rear number plate is stuck on I presume?? Is it easy to remove without damaging anything or paintwork??

Thanks

Edited by FUG

Thanks for offer rtbiscuit :) I'm Undecided at min what to wrap I have a bit of cf wrap left over so may as well use it, is it easy enough to remove the wrap if not happy with it or want to change it later down the line? ?

• 2 years later...

Iv'e used some 3M Scotchprint recently to do my Keys, B-Pillars, Ariel and Fuel cap, all turned out really good, iv'e never wrapped before but it wasn't too difficult, hopefully they will hold up.

I want to do the door handles next which will be challenging but possible, then finally wing mirrors and rear spoiler.

£17 for a roll of scothprint and £6 for a heat gun and squigee of ebay.