Feeling fed up!

twobears

I had a tooth out on Wednesday and everything went fine. I went bouncing up to the yard to see my horse on Thursday and everyone was amazed at how chirpy I was. I came back down to earth with a bump on Friday though when the pain kicked in and the left hand side of my face swelled up :( Had to go back to the dentist yesterday to have antibiotics shoved in the cavity because I have developed something called a 'dry socket'. Had this once before a few years ago when I had an impacted wisdom tooth out and I was climbing the walls with pain.

Even more fed up as husband has gone to airport to fly to Germany and I won't see him 'til goodness knows when as he's off to Birmingham and then London for more meetings during the week. Even daughter and her boyfriend have abandoned me and gone horse riding. I am sulking now :( On the plus side, since I have missed out on Germany my husband has promised that I can go to Malta for a few days when he goes out there with work next month. Assuming I no longer look like I've been kicked in the face by a horse I guess :wacko:

Could be worse.... You could have been stuck in this nhs shithole for the last 5 days.

Fair play to them though.....I only had to wait 15 hours to see doctor today.

Discharging myself tomorrow if they don't.

In saying that toothache is the grimmest kind of pain.

Did I miss something Paul? What have you done now!!!? :wacko:

Sorry twobears, didn't mean to hijack your thread, demand sympathy from daughter and boyfriend upon their return :thumbs:

Could be worse.... You could have been stuck in this nhs shithole for the last 5 days.

Fair play to them though.....I only had to wait 15 hours to see doctor today.

Discharging myself tomorrow if they don't.

In saying that toothache is the grimmest kind of pain.

If you want cheering up then let me tell you a story...

Last year I had 2 teeth out, unfortunately being diabetic it took 2 months, and yes 2 months for my gums to grow back so I basically had bare areas of my jaw exposed for all that time, to say it was painful is like saying the sun is hot, a mild understatement. I actually overdosed on painkillers and ended up in hospital luckily I threw up before they pumped my stomach :surrender:

Hope that helps slightly :thumbs:

I can't help in the no husband area, I am a gigalo in my spare time but you are too far away sorry...

SMD, the last time I had this dry socket problem it lasted ages too and it was worse than childbirth (which I managed without pain relief because I'm a tough old bird) ha ha :D That's why I'm so bl**dy fed up because I can just see myself missing everything I've got planned for the next few weeks including Millbrook :( Thanks for the gigolo comment. You always make me giggle anyway. I think that's what it means? :lol:

Stew, hmm, not much sympathy from you there matey! Would it help my case if I said that I got up before I even went to bed last night, licked the road clean with my tongue and drank a cup of warm gravel before I set off to work? :lol::lol::lol: Well, I am from Yorkshire and we are well 'ard as everyone knows!

SMD, the last time I had this dry socket problem it lasted ages too and it was worse than childbirth (which I managed without pain relief because I'm a tough old bird) ha ha :D That's why I'm so bl**dy fed up because I can just see myself missing everything I've got planned for the next few weeks including Millbrook :( Thanks for the gigolo comment. You always make me giggle anyway. I think that's what it means? :lol:

Stew, hmm, not much sympathy from you there matey! Would it help my case if I said that I got up before I even went to bed last night, licked the road clean with my tongue and drank a cup of warm gravel before I set off to work? :lol::lol::lol: Well, I am from Yorkshire and we are well 'ard as everyone knows!

Glad my comments helped, I was always led to believe you can laugh a woman into bed, the trouble is if she doesn't stop when you get naked :blush:

Was the dry socket a tooth problem or a husband problem I am confused :wacko:

"Was the dry socket a tooth problem or a husband problem I am confused"

Oi, SMD, quit while you're ahead :lol: Definitely no husband problem here, except the lucky b*gger keeps texting me pics of himself sat on that bl**dy jet as if he thinks that will make me feel better. It doesn't :thumbdown: Still he does look cute in his new shirt :blush:

I think in your state of pain we should take your mind off it by teaching you how to use the quote button! :p

Toothache (and earache) is the worst so I guess I can offer 10% sympathy..... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok, I'll make do with 10% if that's all that's on offer :dry:

The quote button never works for me on the other forum I use so I've got used to ignoring the thing. I will give it a go next time you say something so devastatingly witty that it deserves to be quoted. Is that a deal? :p

Ok, I'll make do with 10% if that's all that's on offer :dry:

The quote button never works for me on the other forum I use so I've got used to ignoring the thing. I will give it a go next time you say something so devastatingly witty that it deserves to be quoted. Is that a deal? :p

You'll be waiting a while! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Upping the sympathyometer to 20% as your sense of humour is still intact.

So, have you showed off pics of your horses on here yet? Get them in the pet thread - in fact the whole pet thread will cheer you up!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26230

Now, that's kind! :D

My sincere sympathies TB. ;) Over SMD offering his giggleO services ;)

I do agree with the pain thing on toothache as I cracked my cap in half 10 days ago and still waiting for the new one to be fitted! Trouble is the tooth stump only has a temporary cover fitted and the nerve endings are still live :scare:

The real pain though is the bill............ £408, for a poxy bit of enamel, or whatever they use !!!!!

I'd have it out but I might look a bit like a redneck... (checked shirt and red baseball cap required, can someone search ebay for me?) SMD, feel free to post up a suitable picture, you know you want to!!! :lol: