OEM Strut Brace Polishing Service (Pic update)

Wasso

Thank you so much for a superb job, an amazing transformation. I highly recommend anyone who is considering having this done to stop considering and get in touch with Wasso, exceptional is an understatement :)

No problem and thanks :thumbs:

It was a pleasure to apply a colour that doesn't run normal with Nissan - and for me stands out and looks the part B)

Oh god !!!! There is too many things I want for my Zed, will prob have one of these off you when got the money, just gotta think what color feet I would want

No problem, just give me a nod when you're ready. Colour is no problem in terms of selection. Provide me with a colour code which can be obtained from Halfords and it can be done.

I'll also be throwing in for all future struts a free of charge "Polished NutZ" service. Before ANYONE puts a wise crack on here - that's strut NutZ!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Exceptionally good work Ian :thumbs:B) PM coming your way. ;)

Cheers MrG, that one was a bugger a lot of work moreso than normal.

Hopefully you'll still be doing this when i get back from overseas next year, as i'll snap one up for sure.

I'll be doing these for quite some time I'm sure :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

My newly purchased Zed won't be in my ownership until weekend and already a long list of mods on my list and now I have found another one!

Will have to decide if I want my feet (well not MY feet, my struts feet) in gun grey or black but in the meantime:

1) How easy are these to remove/refit?

2) Any new mounting nuts/studs needed?

3) Are the torqued to a specific value of just a good old heave?

4) Are all struts the same in terms of length - I assume the thread/nut on the strut is there for minor adjustments - is that needed or is this a 100% remove-refit job?

David.

My newly purchased Zed won't be in my ownership until weekend and already a long list of mods on my list and now I have found another one!

Will have to decide if I want my feet (well not MY feet, my struts feet) in gun grey or black but in the meantime:

1) How easy are these to remove/refit?

2) Any new mounting nuts/studs needed?

3) Are the torqued to a specific value of just a good old heave?

4) Are all struts the same in terms of length - I assume the thread/nut on the strut is there for minor adjustments - is that needed or is this a 100% remove-refit job?

David.

Hey David :thumbs:

Removal is very easy. Release tension in the strut and then remove.

Existing bolts can be re-used. I also offer a FOC service to polish them, and trust me it makes a massive difference.

Tightening of the single nut on each footing is 24ftlb and 20 for the bolts.

Two different struts, one for the HR and the other for the DE. Both are the same length, but different in height.

Gunmetal or Black is easily done.

If you fancy a polished plenum or a custom anodised plenum spacer just let me know. :thumbs:

Hey David :thumbs:

Removal is very easy. Release tension in the strut and then remove.

Existing bolts can be re-used. I also offer a FOC service to polish them, and trust me it makes a massive difference.

Tightening of the single nut on each footing is 24ftlb and 20 for the bolts.

Two different struts, one for the HR and the other for the DE. Both are the same length, but different in height.

Gunmetal or Black is easily done.

If you fancy a polished plenum or a custom anodised plenum spacer just let me know. :thumbs:

OK once car is with me I'll get back to you - I suspect GunMetal feet - hmmm, or not... :headhurt:

Two more questions...

1) I would want the tension nut and mounting bolts polished - do I send you my current ones and you polish and send back? Would that mean I can't use car as the strut brace would be off the car until the mounting bolts are back?

2) I think I have misunderstood how to release/reset the tension. I wrongly thought that was done using the nut on the strut brace itself. Looking at the pictures though is the tension taken by the mounting bolt that sits in the slotted hole on the mounting foot?

David

There are technically 3 nuts.

The middle nut is fixed to the cylinder thread thingy which increases or decreases the tension.

The two other bolts are for securing that threaded cylinder tight against the mounting foot and strut.

By undoing the two outer bolts will allow you to release the tension via the middle bolt.

All bolts can be polished, feet bolts and tension bolts as examples in the pics.

You can drive your car without the strut bar in place. Although I wouldn't recommend any track days during this time.

Feet can be painted gunmetal or ANY colour you so choose. Some have a colour theme in their bay and others don't.

There are technically 3 nuts.

The middle nut is fixed to the cylinder thread thingy which increases or decreases the tension.

The two other bolts are for securing that threaded cylinder tight against the mounting foot and strut.

By undoing the two outer bolts will allow you to release the tension via the middle bolt.

All bolts can be polished, feet bolts and tension bolts as examples in the pics.

You can drive your car without the strut bar in place. Although I wouldn't recommend any track days during this time.

Feet can be painted gunmetal or ANY colour you so choose. Some have a colour theme in their bay and others don't.

:thumbs: understood!

Will be in touch soon!