Advice needed - Potential new 350Z owner

Space Cadet

Hi all. I haven’t been on the site for years as I sold my 350 possibly 5 or more years ago. Anyway I’ve missed the car (Black GT Coupe, Alezan orange leather) ever since but am now in the fortunate position to be able to buy another as a 3rd car and just enjoy it at the weekends, plus the prices have dropped dramatically from when I sold mine. I’m tempted by a convertible and there are loads of both coupes and convertibles around the £9k/£10k and the 05/06 years. My question would be whether you’d recommend going for a higher mileage 313bhp (circa 50/60k miles) or go for a older but with less mileage 280bhp (or whatever they are) with say 30/40k miles. There are a few with even less miles than this. Any pitfalls from buying the higher mileage cars? When are the major services? Many thanks, Mark.

Personally i would buy a lower mileage car just because they are easier to sell on. For 9k you could get an 06+ model with 40ish thousand miles if you looked.

Thats what i would do in your situation :)

Good luck!

one point to consider, if you buy a higher mileage, but only then use it occasionally, it'll work its way back down to an average mileage car, so it'll be fine when it comes to selling it. However if you buy a low mileage car, if you ony use it occasionnally it'll stay an even lower mileage car, so when you come to sell questions will be raised as to how well the car was serviced if its a 12 year old car with only 40k on the clocks say.

IMO, if you know you're going to be doing low miles, i'd get a newer car with slightly higher miles, and enjoy the better interior and engine.

Id go for a 313 definitely, its a completely different car to the earlier ones, 80% new engine, different suspension changes, lower centre of gravity with the engine, higher rev limit, the list goes on.... but i think a roadster one would be just slightly out of your budget. You can probably just about get a 313 coupe for the top end of your budget. But, you never know, they are not flying off the shelf atm so you might get a bargain!

Good luck with the search!