Decats / Test pipes, will emissions light come on?

Christian350z

Please enlighten me ;)

I'm going to get some Decats / Test pipes, whichever you want to call them.

(I know they wont pass the MOT, i'm keeping hold of my standard cats so i can change back for the MOT)

I have had a few different cars in the past with decats. Some of them had the light come on, others didn't. To stop the light from coming i put a spacer on the o2 sensor so that when it was in the exhaust, it didn't sit directly in the exhaust gas flow, this stopped the light from coming on, it sort of tricks the sensor into thinking all is ok. Most of you will already know about spacers and how they work.

The main question is will emissions light come on?

- If so do you need a o2 sensor spacers?

- Can you buy decats with the spacers already attached?

- If your light dose come on, and you reset it, how long will it last before it comes back on again?

I'v seen a link somewhere on the forum for resetting everything, some sort of timing procedure with the accelerator pedal.

Can anyone give me a link to a code reader that can delete the codes (dash light)?

Which of you have had your dash light come on and what did you do about it?

Thanks for the help

Yes it will come on. 2 ways around it - spacers or uprev remap.

I tried spacers though & they never worked on mine :thumbdown:

i ve tried the spacers on mine and the light comes back about a 150 miles later after reset. :wacko:

i am learning to live with it :lol:

Can anyone give me a link to a code reader that can delete the codes (dash light)?

Have a read of this thread, it should help.

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=30972&start=0&hilit=code+reader

Thanks for the link, do you know where i can buy one of these readers from? or do you know someone on the forum that i can buy it off, seems like a useful tool to have for my self

Just have a remap with Uprev , but if you don't want to come to Abbey for the full remap send me the ECU , I will turn off the DTC for the rear lambda's and i will remap the throttle response no fuelling or ignition remapping thou , this will cost £250-00 inc vat + postage.

Full remap will cost £402-00 inc VAT including dyno time

Just have a remap with Uprev , but if you don't want to come to Abbey for the full remap send me the ECU , I will turn off the DTC for the rear lambda's and i will remap the throttle response no fuelling or ignition remapping thou , this will cost £250-00 inc vat + postage.

Full remap will cost £402-00 inc VAT including dyno time

Thanks but i'm not looking at getting a remap until i have done a fair few more bits, which will take time.

Could do with a reader for now if you are selling them, do you have any contacts?