Priced right ??

Chipsticks

Heeey guys, I have fallen on sad times and decided to sell the 350z. This is my car... viewtopic.php?f=34&t=54560 and it has just 20,000 miles on the clock. No GT pack, but it is the facelift model. I've got it up at just under £11,000... The thing is, it hasnt had much intrest and I was just wondering what you guys thought about the price... too much ???

Thanks!!

MODS PLEASE DELETE, IF THIS IS AGAINST THE RULES... WAS NOT MY INTENTION!!!

I would have thought about £8500 would be nearer the mark.

are you joking ??? its a 2006 with 20k, You'll be lucky to find a 2004 with 30k for that........

+1, I would have thought in the region of 10k.

Pete

If it had average mileage for the year, circa 50k, i'd say about £8k, but since it has such low mileage, I think JetSet is right with around £10k. However I think more people are less concerned about the actual mileage of the car now-a-days and more about it being well serviced and cheap because these engines will run forever.

Average price where I am for an 04 GT with about 60k is £7k advertised, with sellers accepting anything about £6k really. knock £500 off for non-GT.

I don't think mileage counts for so much these days the only thing is if i was looking at identical cars the same price i would take the lower mileage but certainly not at much of a premium.

20k miles in 6 years means it has been sat around a lot, hopefully the next owner will enjoy it more :thumbs:

I don't think mileage counts for so much these days the only thing is if i was looking at identical cars the same price i would take the lower mileage but certainly not at much of a premium.

20k miles in 6 years means it has been sat around a lot, hopefully the next owner will enjoy it more :thumbs:

That what mines has done also. Mines is driven, just not in the winter. Shes in a heated garage usually for winter time.

One thing to say is that a modified car will be more difficult to sell that a stock one. Hard to say how much of an impact that has on your car (need to see full ad), but the more visible it is the more it's likely to drop the value of the car.

I would always be prepared to pay more for a low mileage car, especially a one owner example. Going back a few years it might not have been such a good idea as historically cars driven for short distances would mean extra wear and tear, but engines are built to much higher tolerances these days, and seem to warm up a lot faster than they used to. The number of owners is also important, as the number of owners increases then the odds of one of those owners running on 95 RON or abusing the car also increases.

Pete

Back again!!! I dropped the price to just under £10,000 and comparing to the rest of the market, that seems to be alot of car for the money. The strange thing is, I've had next to no intrest.... Is the market really that bad at the moment!?

Back again!!! I dropped the price to just under £10,000 and comparing to the rest of the market, that seems to be alot of car for the money. The strange thing is, I've had next to no intrest.... Is the market really that bad at the moment!?

Yes and no. Fuel prices, insurance costs, high road tax and relatively high running costs means that cars like the zed only appeal to a limited number of people, so you are trying to hit a very small audience.

Its really a question of waiting for the right person to come along unfortunately.

Theres a garage up the road from me which has had a silver zed in their window for at least 6 months without a sale. Some people on here have been trying to sell theirs since before Christmas.

You may say "oh the price is too high", and sure enough, if you drop the price of a car enough someone will no doubt buy it, but I dont think price is the main reason why you havent had much interest. Its just one of those things atm unfortunately. :(

Also worth to say that price is only half of the story, selling has lots to do with the sale ad itself and the presentation of the car. Are you advertising in all the right places? It's worth checking the ads again, updating pictures, description of the car, etc.

I think the ad is alright, I have covered all the basics and it's on Auto Trader, Pistonheads and Gumtree... I don't really wanna go down the ebay route. I've linked it to my flickr account which should have enough pictures. I've always sold my previous cars pretty quickly... I guess I'm just inpatient lol.