New engine

Cwicks

I have owned my fairlady z for 2 weeks now and have found out the person who

Sold it to me sold it with a f****d engine the garage said the oil pressure was to low and the engine has seriously degraded, I have a 2003 fairlady z does any body have any advice or know what engine I could put in and how much for? I

Saved up for so long to get this car and to

Insure it which isn't easy at 21 just to drive it 20 miles then have to take it to the garage to

Find out its had it

That sucks :(

Where are you based?

There is another thread at the moment about engines due to a blown bottom end.

Cheapest option is a direct replacement :pmzmanalex: and R35LEE see if they have one.

a few adds on eBay etc offering a replacement service at around £2k including labour - don't know about quality of work.

If your going to change engines to something non standard £££££££££££££££££££'s will be needed!!!!

That really sucks! I'm annoyed enough after buying my Zed and finding I need a new light ballast, possibly a drop link (hopefully not banana arm) and need to sort some wiring out on a side light.

Hey,

My engine went yesterday. The RAC van man told me it was a bottom end so I too am on the lookout for another engine. Been trying to think of what to do and i think the cheapest option is to get a reconditioned or low mileage engine. However I don't know where to start looking. I have just posted in the wanted section for a new engine but no response with something for sale.

I have looked at the engine fitting and supply service on ebay but it's in Essex and I'm from south wales so getting there would be a problem.

The other point is if i get the engine changed I also want to keep my current engine to fiddle about with.

Finally I need to go to a garage of some sort to determine the problem. The engine is producing a loud knocking/ticking noise. It's at it's loudest at 3000rpm, you can't really hear it after that.

If that's the one in Barking Essex, I seem to remember there may have been some dodgy reports about them. Might be worth a "google" for reviews of whatever they are called :)

Hey,

My engine went yesterday. The RAC van man told me it was a bottom end so I too am on the lookout for another engine. Been trying to think of what to do and i think the cheapest option is to get a reconditioned or low mileage engine. However I don't know where to start looking. I have just posted in the wanted section for a new engine but no response with something for sale.

I have looked at the engine fitting and supply service on ebay but it's in Essex and I'm from south wales so getting there would be a problem.

The other point is if i get the engine changed I also want to keep my current engine to fiddle about with.

Finally I need to go to a garage of some sort to determine the problem. The engine is producing a loud knocking/ticking noise. It's at it's loudest at 3000rpm, you can't really hear it after that.