Chester Half Marathon 13th May 2012

Carla

Hello Peeps :teeth: ,

I know I am not on here very often so this may seem a little cheeky, apologies to whoever may look at it that way.....so here goes....

It is that time of year again where we all decide to dust off our running shoes and compete in charity events, therefore............I am running the Chester Half Marathon this year with my 2 cousins. The run will be on the 13th May and I am no where near ready so it should be fun!!!!

I am running this in memory of Pauls (Ricey) Auntie Gill who sadly passed away in December 2011 due to Cancer. My page is also dedicated to four of my family members who have also passed away due to the big C.

1 in 3 of us will suffer from some type of cancer in our life, I know my Nain wouldn't have lived as long as she did without the help and support of the Macmillan nurses :console: , therefore I am running this race for;

Macmillan Cancer Support.

If you would like to sponsor my run, please click the link below. Every little amount helps so it really doesn't matter how much you donate, my target is £300.

http://www.justgiving.com/Carla-Atherton

Thank you so much for taking time to read this.

Wish me luck, i'll need it with my lungs as my asthma is bordering on chronic at the mo! :blink:

I did the very first Chester half marathon back in the early 1980's, the company I worked for entered a team of 6 (out of which I finished last :blush: ) and raised over £800 for a children's charity on The Wirral. It was also the very last half marathon I ever did back in 1994. Good luck and of course I'll support you :thumbs:

Pete

Spare a thought for me I've got to do the training with her!

Sadly my 2nd horrific ankle ligament injury in 5 months is restricting us putting down the miles at the moment so a week of hardcore running is on the cards in the easter holiday!

Spare a thought for me I've got to do the training with her!

Sadly my 2nd horrific ankle ligament injury in 5 months is restricting us putting down the m

beailes at the moment so a week of hardcore running is on the cards in the easter holiday!

Beats scoffing Easter eggs :lol:

Good luck and a great cause :thumbs:

Done that :thumbs:

I will never forget how brilliant the Macmillan Nurses were when my first wife died, they were brilliant to her and I know she really appreciated all the time, help and advice they gave her. How do they do that ALL the time!!!?

Good luck, and make sure Ricey doesn't wimp out :lol::lol::thumbs:

I will never forget how brilliant the Macmillan Nurses were when my first wife died, they were brilliant to her and I know she really appreciated all the time, help and advice they gave her. How do they do that ALL the time!!!?

+1,000,000 I was one of the lucky ones and I know I couldn't do that job :surrender:

Thank you so much for your donation Mr G! I am sorry to here about your first wife, I will be running this for all the people that Macmillan have helped in the past, present and future.

Your a star :thumbs:

How could I say no to donating to a fellow female Cestrian Zedder? ;)

Good luck - I'm full of admiration for people who do stuff like this. I'm too lazy to run a bath let alone a half-marathon :lol:

S.

Mwahhhh Squee, seen your donation today, Thank you hun ;)

Thank you for all your responses :teeth:

Ricey needs to stop moaning, he aint running it and he has a bike to ride next to me in training :p

Apparently the half marathon route has changed this year..........its pretty much all up hill, I am a sucker for punishment :bounce:

Shall I go in fancy dress?? :evil:

ps I love these smilies!!!

Apparently the half marathon route has changed this year..........its pretty much all up hill, I am a sucker for punishment :bounce:

I did it half a dozen times and the route was slightly different every year apart from 1994 when they used a completely different course that ran through the Duke of Westminsters estate, which was pretty cool :thumbs: . Not sure where the hills come in, its pretty flat around Chester (bit of a hill round Huntington though I suppose) :lol:

Pete

Lol nice one ricey. Remember exercise is supposed to be good for you :thumbs::scare:

Definitely - thus far in the last 6 months I have

- Broken right thumb playing football.

- Damaged left ankle ligaments playing football

- Bursitis in left elbow at the gym

- Damaged right ankle ligaments playing football

I'm going to have to buy a whole body cryo-cast.

Maybe there's a lesson there regarding football :shrug::D

Lol nice one ricey. Remember exercise is supposed to be good for you :thumbs::scare:

Definitely - thus far in the last 6 months I have

- Broken right thumb playing football.

- Damaged left ankle ligaments playing football

- Bursitis in left elbow at the gym

- Damaged right ankle ligaments playing football

I'm going to have to buy a whole body cryo-cast.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done chaps!!! :thumbs: You'll be fine, still a month to go, and so what if you walk the last bit? The main thing is to finish :crutches::stretcher: sponsors guilt is a terrible thing!! :teeth:

Bit of a bump :bounce:

Following a few really depressing runs without even topping 4 miles before severe complaining ensued we hit 9miles yesterday....whoopwhoop

I reckon we do try and get Ricey to run in double denim, please donate to my page if you want him too :p

Andy thank you for sponsoring me, not gonna be able to do it in 2 though!! But will keep it under 3 for sure.

Thanks to all who have donated, I have reached my target but I'm still taking pennies :teeth:

• 3 weeks later...