Bye Bye Mr Zed - going but not forgotten

thebesh

So - breaking point came this week with the Zed!

I love the car and it's never missed a beat since I got her - fantastic to drive and by far the best car I've ever owned. However I have two dogs, and as obedient as they are they don't always jump into the footwell of the car when we need to go somewhere. Last Sunday I gave her a right good clean inside, only for my smallest dog to step in a puddle somewhere and dive into the car post clean. I don't have a great temper and my anger level was bouncing off the rev limiter.

Monday I called a garage about a Cayenne Turbo I'd seen them advertise and rather than go through hassle of selling the zed privately (which needs Tax, MOT and Service within 2 months) I decided to trade her in. They gave me 10.5k for it (2008 313GT with 31k on clock) which was close enough for me to take the plunge.

So she goes off this Friday and I shall get the Cayenne delivered the following Friday (quite excited actually)

Only thing that annoys me is the fact I filled the tank of the zed on Sat/Sun last week and I'll never use all the fuel before it goes. Everywhere I go just now I'm blasting it as hard as I can to use it up - can you syphon petrol out of the zed, or has it got something to stop that. Grudge handing her over with that much fuel in her - tips/advice? (seems silly quibbling over the fuel considering how much this is all costing me - it's the Aberdonian in me)

Your parsimonious attitude the remaining petrol in the tank is bizzare. Not only are you chopping in your Zed for £2-3k below its private sale price, but you're also replacing it with a Cayenne turbo! Peculiar accounting methodology indeed...

Also, I remember these going for £10-12k during the credit crunch in 2008. A missed opportunity!