Road Tax Going Up - Budget 2012

DaddyCee

See, I told you all to go and buy your tax last week :teeth:

Surely it's ouch for everyone though? Inflation is only 3.4% anyway, which is peanuts in terms of running a Zed. Hell, the difference between the lower rate Zeds and the higher rate Zeds is peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

MY dec 2006 is due a years road tax in June :( I'm gutted!

Does anyone know what its going up by so I can work out what the new prices will be?

Going up by inflation would be 3% I believe.... so if that's right them about £7 or if you are unlucky and pay the higher rate then about £15 not a huge amount, you could easily lose that much if you take the petrol nozzle out too quick and spill a couple of drops of super on the tarmac :lol:

Hah true but its not £475 which is not nice! ah well I'll just have to not spend as much on detailing crap!

Because my cars Dec 2006 I pay the higher tax *gutted* but that's only one and a half rear tyres.. lol

If you pay on the 30th and it starts on the 1st I'd say you pay the new rate however if you buy today you might get the lower rate? however you'll lose a months tax.. you could phone and ask them

So whats it gone up to? If its only inflation @ 3.whatever percent then I'm in as I had a 5.2% pay rise at work :yahoo:

payrise you must be doing something right. I haven't had one for 2 years now.

Well you'd hope so, thats why they hired me :teeth:

I did technically take a 30% pay cut moving from contracting back to permie work.

Wont affect me for a while - just sorned the Zed. Unfortunately it will probably get even less use this year than it usually does :blush::shrug:

sad times,

shame you haven't got some other kind of sports car to cheer yourself up with. i always found ferraris made me feel better. :lol:

I've never paid road tax. :yahoo:

I do pay VED though, and that's going up too... by the same amount as it happens. ;)

Because of my superb timing, both of my cars need taxing at the end of this month. Does anyone know whether I will pay the old tax or the new one?

Steve

I believe it will go up from April 1st? So you should be ok on the old rate but don't take my word for it :lol:

It doesn't matter when you buy, the price you pay will be determined by when it's valid from. If your new tax disc is valid from today, you'll pay the lower price... but lose 21 days worth, as no one's going to do this the price has effectively gone up already as your new disc will be valid from 1st April you'll be charged April's prices. I'm not sure even I understand my explanation but on the bright side I know what I mean :teeth: