Japfest 19th May, Castle Combe

Suz

It was the OC stand so that makes sense, another picture

I didn't find the stand either as it was in a new bit of exhibition area apparently - mind you considering how many cars there were there the 350z was pretty exclusive actually (more NSX's than 350's)

Oh I see, I didnt even know the OC had a stand. Didnt see an 350s on the track either, but I didnt see the last of the Z Clubs sessions so there may have been some on then.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those are the same as Kev's old WORKs, in fact I think they might be them, iirc he sold them to an OC member, so could be him

Yes they were Kev's old ones. I spoke to the owner on the OC stand. I was interested as they are very similar to the ones I am getting. :p

No its a replica, but a damm good one.

on a 240Z base its one of the best in the country and it sure pulled some people onto the Z stand

At a distance you would not have known. I said to Steve who has put that on our stand! He then enlightened me :D

Went along to this yesterday and had a good time overall between the showers.

Choptop I saw your car on the stand and parked just in front of you, but unfortunately we didn't get to meet up. Never mind there's always the August drive out :thumbs:

There was plently of trade stands and things to spend your money on, but I resisted.

Loads of track action with all sorts taking part - my personal favourite was a 1972 240Z with a Ford 302 cu in V8 inserted into it. I tell you, it certainly pi$$ed of a few Scoobys and Evos.

I didn't take many pics but the ones that are worth looking at I'll upload later today.

Saw your car too Trev but never met up. Never mind. As you say there is always the Forest of Dean run. :thumbs:

For the people who went and either saw it happen or missed it and for those that haven't heard, somebody crashed their NSX quite spectatularly at Japfest, theres some very good pictures which shows what happened

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/to ... 86293&i=40

I feel gutted for whoever owned it seeing the pictures :headhurt:

I saw that from down by the S2000 stand. Just saw it come back down from 2 wheels to 4, didnt know it was that bad :scare:

For the people who went and either saw it happen or missed it and for those that haven't heard, somebody crashed their NSX quite spectatularly at Japfest, theres some very good pictures which shows what happened

I saw that from down by the S2000 stand. Just saw it come back down from 2 wheels to 4, didnt know it was that bad :scare:

:scare: Ouch! Great photos but never nice to see a good car damaged. Glad the driver seemed to get away with everything but his pride intact.

:scare: Ouch! Great photos but never nice to see a good car damaged. Glad the driver seemed to get away with everything but his pride intact.

Seeing those pics made me look at how much these go for :blush:

If this was a manual:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/106399.htm

I'd be sooo interested :D

If this was a manual:

Its more a car I respect than desire, the NSX. Although I do remember someone posting up an ad for a very tasty one a while back. Too lazy to search..... :teeth:

If this was a manual:

Its more a car I respect than desire, the NSX. Although I do remember someone posting up an ad for a very tasty one a while back. Too lazy to search..... :teeth:

Yeah it was me who posted it up! It was a mint black one on the US eBay with a set of chrome Volks B)

Where was your stand?! Holly and I would have said hello but we couldn't find it :wacko: I was on the MLR stand, saw a few nice Zeds about :) Was a good day although how bad was the trade area? Seems to have more tat/chav crap each year :thumbdown:

Where was your stand?! Holly and I would have said hello but we couldn't find it :wacko: I was on the MLR stand, saw a few nice Zeds about :) Was a good day although how bad was the trade area? Seems to have more tat/chav crap each year :thumbdown:

The only members from here that were on a stand as far as I know were Choptop and me and we were with the Z Owners club which was right by the cafe.

The only members from here that were on a stand as far as I know were Choptop and me and we were with the Z Owners club which was right by the cafe.

I was on the Z Club stand, hidden away on the back fence. Had a mate on the MLR stand who I spend the day with.

Sarnie, i thought that yellow GT4 was you! so i went up and started to chat, he looked at me really puzzled! hehe! It was quite a good day, except i had to park in a field, and got stuck, i was grass cutting all the way!

Sarnie, i thought that yellow GT4 was you! so i went up and started to chat, he looked at me really puzzled! hehe! It was quite a good day, except i had to park in a field, and got stuck, i was grass cutting all the way!

I hope he was good looking :D

I wasn't the only one to think it was Sarnie's car then :teeth:

I was on the Z Club stand, hidden away on the back fence. Had a mate on the MLR stand who I spend the day with.

I think I saw your car Chris - was it on the left as you were facing the cafe?

I was one of two GM Zeds parked along "the back row", which was indeed on the left along the fencing (well whats left of it) and to the left of the marquee. Reg OE53***.

Which one were you? The other Zeds I saw was the other in the line with me (with cars between) and a group of 3 in the centre part of the stand.

I was one of two GM Zeds parked along "the back row", which was indeed on the left along the fencing (well whats left of it) and to the left of the marquee. Reg OE53***.

Which one were you? The other Zeds I saw was the other in the line with me (with cars between) and a group of 3 in the centre part of the stand.

Mine was the GM coupe in the centre of the stand.

Mine was the GM coupe in the centre of the stand.

Ahhh I see. My better half wanted me to park on the end of that row, but I didnt think there was enough room. Got told to park on my tod in the back row.

I hope he was good looking :D

do you look like this by any chance?!

IMG_0286.jpg

i even tapped on the window to get him out the car.....i'm so embarrassed!