Window not dropping.

alscar

I know this has been in another thread (I just cant find it)..

The window on the passenger side isnt dropping the little bit when you go to open the door..

Any ideas whats causing it? Is it an easy fix, should be a warranty job, just prefer to know what Im talking about before they try and fob me off with something.

All a it odd seeing it only started doing it after it went in to get the power hood sorted!.. Still at least the hood works now I guess.

It could be the encoder calibration, there is somewhere the setting procedure but it does mean removing the door panel. It could also be the door switch but it could also be the controller int eh Drivers door and the related wiring connector as the autodrop function is provided power from the IPDM by a different route than that of the window opening function as it is available after the main body control system has gone into sleep mode (eg you have left the vehicle more than X minutes without power being applied through the ignition system).

You should if the vehicle is within warranty get it checked properly.

When I unlock mine then open the door the window does not drop but if you push gently on the glass it actually drops about 1/4 of an inch. Everything works fine when you close the door though. :wacko:

Is it that the glass is actualy slightly loose in the runner? When I use the window button though eveything works as it should.

Confused?

You betcha

Ming the Befuddled

when you open the door make sure the little rubber 'nipple' is properly postioned on the switch, just look about half way down the door shut line near the sticker for the tyre pressures (on the drivers sdie that is), sometimes i have to tweak the rubber 'nipple' as my drivers window doesn't drop fully sometimes,if that makes sense.

if not i'll take a picture if it ever stops raining here :wacko:

when you open the door make sure the little rubber 'nipple' is properly postioned on the switch, just look about half way down the door shut line near the sticker for the tyre pressures (on the drivers sdie that is), sometimes i have to tweak the rubber 'nipple' as my drivers window doesn't drop fully sometimes,if that makes sense.

if not i'll take a picture if it ever stops raining here :wacko:

you nipple tweaker :blush: