Project Zeebra - Update 26th Jan

Keyser

Awesome!

If "Bangla Bangers", "The Garage" ,"Beetle Crisis" ,"A Car is Born" etc can all do it so can you Keyser, it would be rivetting viewing!

Fame and Fortune awaite!!!

Just don't let it descend into bickering and eventually a Court Case and not talking to one another like "American Chopper" :lol:

LOL me and Bob "bicker" now, ask Wasso :lol:

I do indeed have 4 Zeds but the 300zx is sold awaiting collection as I changed my mind on the engine swap and a local 300 owner has some problems with his so I let him have he as I'm a nice guy (the small profit was just to cover expenses)

I have -

"The Bitch" 350z SC Water/meth NOS and general all round animal (subject to sucsessful tune) LOVE HER! she's my baby.

Project Zeebra (yet to be named)

N/A 350z with a lot of NISMO kit and a nearly complete WALD body kit and blown engine - soon to be resurrected (I hope).

260z done very little with her yet except get the engine running - hopefully will get her back on her feet this winter.

300zx - SOLD

Try and keep up folks :lol: not that I can!!

N/A 350Z doesn't sit right to me...

What about, 350Z BK inside?

(boosted kit inside)

:teeth: you know you want to be the only one across the water with a single blower that'll rock! AND you don't have to take the engine out! (then again you need to get it out anyway) :blush::lol:

Maybe fit that pathfinder mod to the engine before it goes in at least (and a set of headers) and ... and ... and... B)

Great little workshop going...

Meanwhile in my bad cave I'm melting PSU's :surrender:

So when are you going to get a web cam up so we can have a live feed to the Shed? :teeth:

I think this Zed should be an NA tuned beast, blueprint it, ITBs, balanced etc, see Adam@Z1autos car for inspiration.

I can just imagine the conversations - "Which Zed should we take today dear - the FI or the NA?" :lol:

So when are you going to get a web cam up so we can have a live feed to the Shed? :teeth:

I think this Zed should be an NA tuned beast, blueprint it, ITBs, balanced etc, see Adam@Z1autos car for inspiration.

I can just imagine the conversations - "Which Zed should we take today dear - the FI or the NA?" :lol:

did carlswift sell the ITB's with that other engine? ;)

No he has them on your old engine I just bought the long block :thumbs:

This one can't be as mad as mine if it's a DD!

Dose't mean we can't have some fun though :evil:

No he has them on your old engine I just bought the long block :thumbs:

This one can't be as mad as mine if it's a DD!

Dose't mean we can't have some fun though :evil:

:lol: right thought he'd sold them off. Stick a boosted kit on, DO it! do it!

Only just found this. Great to meet you Chris. You did load her up. :lol:

Now you know what I needed it all for :)

Nice to meet you as well - great coffee I'll be back :lol:

That's a bit more stealthy with everything under cover on the back of the pickup/ute (whatever you want to call it) than the movie. Can just imagine the trail of cars you'd have had following you home otherwise, or thieves taking your plate.

Well if you're going to have a car with a knackered engine on your drive it should at least look good so the Mods have started :lol:

DSCF1633-1.jpg

DSCF1638.jpg

Note the new wheels and stubby :thumbs:

a test with black Rays

DSCF1617-1.jpg

DSCF1632-1.jpg

DSCF1636-1.jpg

So it has begun :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and welcome along to the start of works.

The current plan is to get the engine back running on all 6 cylinders (before JapFest so I have a backup Zed) Then give the car to the wife as is for a month, if she likes it I will sort the rest of the problems to her liking if she doesn't like the car (some hope)I will either do it up to sell, keep it as spares or sell it as is - haven't decided yet. :shrug:

So far the Haltech ECU has gone to a more deserving Zed and I have swapped the LMGT's for the BK's as the wife prefers them (fine with me ;) )

So I rolled her into the ZedShed at 7am - you can still see the smoke clearing :lol:

DSCF1700.jpg

Bonnet up

DSCF1701.jpg

Strip the covers etc

DSCF1704.jpg

I did a compression test and 5 cylinders ran 160 - 175 1 cylinder did 115 that will be the place to start the investigation :thumbs:

DSCF1705.jpg

DSCF1707.jpg

Bob had visitors from overseas round today, but Beb showed up for a visit and soon got stuck in,

He also raised the bar for all ZedShed visitors!!

I mean chocolate hobnobs were the norm for visitors to guarantee a warm welcome and a hot coffee, Bed arrived with fresh bread and a pack of bacon - Now that's the way to do it!!!

Cheers for lunch and the help Beb, had a good afternoon and we did it despite the bloody manual :lol::thumbs:

DSCF1709.jpg

Got the front end stripped down today will pull the heads tommorrow and see how much damage we are looking at.

DSCF1710.jpg

DSCF1711.jpg

Autobots!! Let's roll.....................

Another fun day in the ZedShed assisted by my wife today :thumbs: (you can tell it's her car!!!!)

Beb dropped in again as well :)

Stripped the front timing/cam chains down

DSCF1711.jpg

DSCF1712.jpg

the paper clip trick to stop the tensioner moving

DSCF1713.jpg

DSCF1714.jpg

Slowly came apart

DSCF1715.jpg

Then we decided it was too hard to work on the engine in situ so ...............

DSCF1716.jpg

DSCF1719.jpg

DSCF1721.jpg

That's better - big pile of bits in the garden

DSCF1720.jpg

Had to grind all the zorst bolts of they were rusted solid!!!

The we stripped the heads down

DSCF1722.jpg

DSCF1723.jpg

DSCF1724.jpg

No signs of bore damage :thumbs:

No real signs of head gasket problems either :headhurt:

I may investigate further and check the stem seals etc but I'll probably just use the block to repair my blown engine and drop my old engine that has only done 40,000 into this Zed.

Autobots!! Let's roll.....................

Did you comp test that engine? So naught wrong with it?

From last post -

----------------------------

I did a compression test and 5 cylinders ran 160 - 175 1 cylinder did 115 that will be the place to start the investigation

----------------------------

She was smoking badly as well and not running well on all 6 so probably a head gasket.

Awesome, you managed to get the engine out!

Cheers for having me over in the Zed Shed Chris :D Great way to spend a weekend, nice to know there's someone more nuts than me out there

Still trying to come down after all the coffee. :bounce: