How far would you go

Shaun1982

As the title says, how far would you go to get a zed? or get another zed which is my current dilemma.

Most of you will know back at the end of 2010 i sold my pearl white z to buy my first house, however last week i spotted it back up for sale & immediately wanted it back. My problem should be very simple but heres where the love of the z plays a big part lol.

Im currently running a 2008 08 Hyundai Coupe 2.0 auto with all the toys & most importantly 11000 miles on it, ive been talking to the guy who has the zed pretty much all week now trying to sort a deal out which ive currently got it down to the coupe & £1750 his way. Now the Coupe was a cat C very shortly after the first owner running it in, was unfortunate enough to have the passenger 1/4 burnt by the car next to it resulting in a write off.

I dont really want to put that much in ontop of the car to be fair but how do you guys see it? he wants 6k ideally. I really want it back,dont really use a car anymore for more than when i choose really,i dont use it for work everyday etc so fuels not much of an issue but the insurance at a stupid £102 a month til August & having to borrow the extra cash will pretty much make me skint all the time but i just cant stop trying to find a way of making it work lol

What do you guys think on the subject?

I'm not sure what you're asking, really. If you can't afford or don't like the deal then don't go through with it, although if it were me and someone would actually take a cat c Hyundai coupe auto off my hands at all I'd be grateful, even better if it's the guy I want to buy a car off.

Just buy it mate. I know the feeling of wanting another zed but trying to talk yourself out of it, and it doesnt go away... :blush:

How much do you think your current car is worth? As £4250 for a 2008 car sounds very cheap to me... sounds like he's getting a better deal than you?

I did have a buyer for mine at £4500 but he could t get a loan to pay for it. To be honest my cars not really been for sale, was just asked & the timing was right with the zed being about. Yeah the coups a cat c but it's never been involved in any sort of accident or bump, just fire damage. At the end of the day they don't have the greatest name going & to be fair they should be seen a little better, loaded with toys as standard & not seemingly built any worse than another car.

As you say though it just doesn't match up to the zed. None of the cars I've had since have or will lol.

It's purely a case of want for me

It doesn't matter why it's a cat-C, it will still put many buyers off due to higher insurance, and uncertaintly about the quality of repairs etc.

If you want a Zed, and it saves you the hassle of trying to get shot of a Cat-C car (which is a hassle in my experience), and this guy is offering you a swap, then what you got to decide is whether the Zed you are looking at is worth the value of your High-and-dry plus the cash he wants.

If it is, then get it. If it isn't, then don't. :shrug:

I just re-read the original post and realised it's your old Zed you want back....

My advice - don't get it!!

You will always wonder how it's been driven, and every scratch, rattle, knock and dent will drive you insane because someone didn't look after the car as good as you did.

Get yourself a different Zed and do a new project.

Take it out for a test drive and see if it feels/sounds any different. If its just as you remembered and you fall back in love with her, get it! I'm debating getting my first Zed as using it as a daily commuter doing lots of miles is putting me off but as everyone on here keeps telling me, if you want something just get it!! :thumbs:

Thats my thinking but I'm very impulsive lol. Obviously if it wasn't nice enough for its money & didn't feel right anymore then I'd have to walk away. As much as I'd not want to I think I'd manage to.

Maybe you all feel the same about your Zeds but when I saw it on eBay, clicked it being white then saw the reg I instantly felt warm inside & happy lol. Sad I know but the Zeds the nicest thing I've had & had no choice to part ways

life is to short m8,just get it. ;)

+1 - if it drives as you remember it and you have half a chance of getting shot of a Cat C, don't hang around.

Yeah peeps will say don't let the heart rule the head but from you have said it seems a win win for you now you are in a better financial position. :shrug: