Before & After

ArsenalMoh

So on Friday, I had a couple of things done to my car:

Tints.

Horrible Orange reflectors carbon wrapped.

I got it done from a place in Norwich called Direct Windscreen Services...got a lifetime guarantee and everything and thought I'd share as I was quite impressed with them. They were very professional etc.

I know a lot of ppl with 2007+ models want to do something about the crappy reflectors, so I got it wrapped.

The bloke who did mine said that he'd be happy to do a deal on a few if enough people wanted to send them to him for him to wrap and send back.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll get in touch with him.

Would like to know your opinions on the tints and carbon wrap.

I'm planning on getting a few other parts of the car carbon wrapped...such as wingmirrors, the bit between front and rear windows and also the rear spoiler.

Do all of these bits come off easily?

Cheers

Bought a large-ish sheet of Hexis CF vinyl off rtbiscuit recently to mod the interior of my PC case.

Still had lots left over and am now wrapping bits on the Zed.

Did the B-Pillars a couple of days ago, took like 20 mins, including removal and refitting, it seriously is that simple.

If I remember correctly, it was a sheet of 100cm x 150cm, so plenty to cover other bits.

Contemplating re-doing the centre console to replace the 3M Di-NOC stuff.

I can't stress enough how bad I am at stuff like this.

I just have zero talent...so I'd always much rather pay someone who knows what they're doing!

I paid £40 for the wraps and £140 for the tints. Very happy with both.

I've enquired about getting more parts wrapped on the car and got a quote for that too.

To get the bottom middle bit of the bumper done, the B Pillar, wing mirrors and spoiler...it'll be £160.

Seeing as I'd take 160 attempts before I managed to do it to the level that would satisfy me, I'd much rather hand over that money!

I can't stress enough how bad I am at stuff like this.

I just have zero talent...so I'd always much rather pay someone who knows what they're doing!

I paid £40 for the wraps and £140 for the tints. Very happy with both.

I've enquired about getting more parts wrapped on the car and got a quote for that too.

To get the bottom middle bit of the bumper done, the B Pillar, wing mirrors and spoiler...it'll be £160.

Seeing as I'd take 160 attempts before I managed to do it to the level that would satisfy me, I'd much rather hand over that money!

£160?!?!?

You do know that for the amount they are gonna cover they'll just about buy materials for £60.

And the beauty of vinyl is that if you mess up you can just pull it off and relay the piece again, no material wastage at all.

Do yourself a favour and measure roughly how much you need allowing for a bit of excess aroun the edges.

Pop rtbiscuit a PM asking how much it's gonna cost and save yourself some monies.

Plus you learn a new skill, really it is a lot simpler than you think, all you need is patience and a hairdryer.

Tints.

I got it done from a place in Norwich called Direct Windscreen Services...got a lifetime guarantee and everything and thought I'd share as I was quite impressed with them. They were very professional etc.

Cheers

Direct Windscreen services....whereabouts are they? Are they on sweetbriar?

Thanks

Tints done badly look utterly shoddy, so could understand forking out for that. Those front reflectors mate...I am incompetent when it comes to practicality but managed to wrap my front reflectors with a little off cut of vinyl in about ten minutes :wacko:

Tints.

Cheers

Direct Windscreen services....whereabouts are they? Are they on sweetbriar?

Thanks

They're on 34 Concorde Road, NR6 6BE

Phone number is 0800 163450

I'm flattered that you lot think I'm capable of wrapping a car part...but do you remember in school when you would put that clear sticky cover that came in a roll over a textbook or your weekly planner?

I couldn't do that without creases or bubbles.

Trust me....i'm an absolute retard when it comes to stuff like this!

I'd always rather pay for it!

That's where the hairdryer comes in.

I wrapped the roof of my Zed with a friend, took about 90mins.

Cost was £45 for vinyl, Raccoon Vinyl Wrappers wanted £120 for the service.

Is that because these are the little furry, black & white fellers??? :lol: I didn't realise racoon were so skilled these days! :p

As for the roof being wrapped in 90 mins.....you are both fairly skilled and regular modders though Bullet! :thumbs: