Number Plates

ArsenalMoh

What style of plate looks best on Zed's?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What style of plate looks best on Zed's?

• Normal size plates
    • Small Rectangle Plate
    • Square Plate

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:lol:

Being a Hammers fan wasn't too distraught at not getting the olympic stadium, going to be a poor atmosphere there and any sensible Hammers fan will tell you that we are never going to be as big as Man Utd and stick 70k plus fans on seats each home game. As for the board and all their big talk, well its a bit like someone buying a Zed on here then saying they are going to modify it to hell and throw money at it and a year later have changed the stubby aeriel and bought a badly fitting front bumper off ebay :lol:

All the olympic committees hard line about the stadium and they want this and want that, lets face it, if they don't get a football club in there it is an unsustainable athletics venue from a financial point of view...

Getting my Zed on Friday and I'm sorting out my number plate at the minute.

Regardless of opinions on personalised plates...what style do you think looks better on Zed's?

Cheers for the opinions!

I think the standard plates look better, particularly if personalised....less is more and all that ;) They're great...just a different kind of modding :DB)

It's just asking to be hassled by cops in my opinion.

The fact that it doesn't conform to DVLA standards doesn't bother me in of itself. The fact that ANPR cameras might not be able to read it does.

Your probably not a criminal with a reason to avoid ANPR, but the next one that get's stopped might be.

I personally don't like the aesthetics of a plate that needs to be fiddled with to make it look right either. Just save more and get the real deal.

Iv had personalised plates for 18 years...never been stopped yet due to them :thumbs: speeding is more likely to do it though ;):thumbdown:

:lol:

Being a Hammers fan wasn't too distraught at not getting the olympic stadium, going to be a poor atmosphere there and any sensible Hammers fan will tell you that we are never going to be as big as Man Utd and stick 70k plus fans on seats each home game. As for the board and all their big talk, well its a bit like someone buying a Zed on here then saying they are going to modify it to hell and throw money at it and a year later have changed the stubby aeriel and bought a badly fitting front bumper off ebay :lol:

All the olympic committees hard line about the stadium and they want this and want that, lets face it, if they don't get a football club in there it is an unsustainable athletics venue from a financial point of view...

But Col it would have been perfect for the Spammers, apparently they were going to put 5,000 seat on the running track, that would be more than adequate for most home games :lol:

I only say it because I have had a £60 fine for an undersized plate, and my ex had a personalised plate taken off her for not displaying it correctly.

Remember it doesn't matter how much you pay for a number plate, it still technically belongs to the DVLA.

If pulled over because your plate does not conform to police requirements you are then given 14 days to replace it ( by law ) for one that IS...or they issue you with an age related plate :drive1

I only say it because I have had a £60 fine for an undersized plate, and my ex had a personalised plate taken off her for not displaying it correctly.

Remember it doesn't matter how much you pay for a number plate, it still technically belongs to the DVLA.

If pulled over because your plate does not conform to police requirements you are then given 14 days to replace it ( by law ) for one that IS...or they issue you with an age related plate :drive1

Incorrect. partly.

The police give you 14 days to change it and prove it.

However the DVLA can choose to take your plate off you. You receive a separate letter from the DVLA saying the police have informed them that you have been displaying a personalised plate incorrectly and they are taking the action to immediately take the plate from you and issuing you with an age related plate.

As I say, I have been through this process ;)

If your lost you obviously aren't downtown then :wink:

I got the downtown bit, but couldn't work out how that related to the Saw Doctors. Is the postcode N17 generally referred to as downtown by the locals then?

/not_a_Londoner

Arsenal moved to North London from Woolwich after being in existence for 27 years.

Tottenscum tried to move to East London after being in existence for 119 years.

There's a lot of history, tradition and fans to think about after 119 years....but not so much after 27 years.

Glad there's a bit of footy chat on the forum!

For reference -

If Spurs moved from Tottenham to Stratford, 6.6 miles

Arsenal moved from Woolwich to North London, 15 miles

Definitely a case of the Liverpool Striker calling the Manchester United Defender something he shouldn't have :lol:

If your lost you obviously aren't downtown then :wink:

I got the downtown bit, but couldn't work out how that related to the Saw Doctors. Is the postcode N17 generally referred to as downtown by the locals then?

/not_a_Londoner

Noooo :lol: Saw Doctors did a cover version of Downtown with Petula Clark :thumbs:

Arsenal moved to North London from Woolwich after being in existence for 27 years.

Tottenscum tried to move to East London after being in existence for 119 years.

There's a lot of history, tradition and fans to think about after 119 years....but not so much after 27 years.

Glad there's a bit of footy chat on the forum!

Yeah but we haven't moved ;)

I love a bit of footy banter, I'm not someone who hates every team and player that aren't at my club, I love football :thumbs:

Hmmm after seeing Gareth Bale and his dive yesterday...I'm pretty sure a lot of people don't love that!

To be fair though...you're actually playing decent football most of the time. Hate to say it, but if I've slated you lot for the majority of the last 15 years, I should admit it that you can actually pass the ball now.

Hmmm after seeing Gareth Bale and his dive yesterday...I'm pretty sure a lot of people don't love that!

To be fair though...you're actually playing decent football most of the time. Hate to say it, but if I've slated you lot for the majority of the last 15 years, I should admit it that you can actually pass the ball now.

Mmm interesting, you appear to be a Norwich based Arsenal supporting Z owner like I. Don't tell me you also drive a Saxo, have a brother called Neil and sport a 12" penis as that would be really freaky!

Incorrect. partly.

The police give you 14 days to change it and prove it.

However the DVLA can choose to take your plate off you. You receive a separate letter from the DVLA saying the police have informed them that you have been displaying a personalised plate incorrectly and they are taking the action to immediately take the plate from you and issuing you with an age related plate.

As I say, I have been through this process ;)

A friend of mine is a Police Officer, he states that the DVLA will only 'choose' to remove your plate IF they have been notified by the Police more than once for the same plate on a seperate occasion....in other words...ignore them at your Peril! :p;)