6 Nations

Jay

Well I think Wales deserved to win that, amazed that we won by a try from a lineout and a penalty which are the 2 main areas we've been useless at recently! Close game and good to watch that could have been either teams win in the end. I honestly think Wales will beat France this 6 nations (I get the feeling the boys will want revenge for the RWC), but I bet we **** up against England, Scotland or even Italy to miss the GS. :(

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I think Wales deserved to win that, amazed that we won by a try from a lineout and a penalty which are the 2 main areas we've been useless at recently! Close game and good to watch that could have been either teams win in the end. I honestly think Wales will beat France this 6 nations (I get the feeling the boys will want revenge for the RWC), but I bet we **** up against England, Scotland or even Italy to miss the GS. :(

Really even game today! I felt bad for Ireland missing out in the last 30 secs but it was a silly tackle to risk making. I think Wales could be a very dangerous team moving on - they looked good in the RWC and are out to prove themselves.

Was great to see ireland beaten, time to pick the inform players instead of the old men from leinster and munster Look back at the pre world cup warm up games and for ireland Trimble was the inform player and how many games in the world cup was he in the starting line up

Priestland should never of been kicking! Halfpenny has been the regular boot for the blues lately, and its been good practise!! Was a cracking game... on another note, Dan Parks is retiring from international rugby with immediate effect!!

Looking forward to next weekend now :D

Makes me wonder if wayne Barnes is an honorary Welsh man as the only times in the 6 nations in recent years that wales has beaten ireland was when he was the referee - 2008 and 2012. 2011 doesn't count as wales cheated and the ref and lines man were disiplined by the IRB and an apology was sent to the IRFU.

So Dan Parks didn't take the loss too well eh...

Seems not -said he was considering it after the RWC but seems funny he should do one game, make an arse of it then retire. I like him as a player - he has spells of great play but when he plays naff, he really plays naff!

Glad to see we're back on track after the grammatically incorrect 'proper English' tangent (although I was ready to bring renounced pronunciation into the equation). Anyway, it's time to be opinionated.

I personally think England's victory at the weekend was more due to Scotland doing everything in their power to lose rather than us playing well. That said, I'm willing to give Lancaster the benefit of the doubt for now as we really need to inject young talent into the squad and a few shaky games early on will hopefully lay the foundations for a more prosperous future.

I'm glad to hear that Lee Dickson is recovering rapidly from his hand injury as I believe he is one of, if not the, best scrum half in the country at the moment and he needs to be given more of an opportunity to showcase his abilities (and yes I am a Saints fan before you ask). Whilst I'm on the Saints bandwagon (more players on International duty than any other Prem team might I add), it's also a shame Wood isn't available. Couldn't care less about Lawes as he is massively overrated.

I'm surprised the France vs Italy game hasn't had much more comment. Whilst France won, Italy seemed to me the better side and we yet again let down by their fitness in the last 20 and inability to converty try scoring opportunities into points.

If I was a betting man I'd probably back Wales, maybe even for a Grand Slam since they've got 3 games at home now to gather even more momentum.

Craig its typical Scotland at the present. Whiteline fever costs us games all the time and then we turn off... make 3 / 4 mistakes and it costs us 10 points. We need to get more disciplined and start acting like a team as individually they are all cracking players.

Craig its typical Scotland at the present. Whiteline fever costs us games all the time and then we turn off... make 3 / 4 mistakes and it costs us 10 points. We need to get more disciplined and start acting like a team as individually they are all cracking players.

You are right. A ten minute spell in the 2nd half cost us most of our points. We were excellent at the start and we were strong the end. I have to save those 'Hogg' is looking great for his first cap.

Great game but I think Scotland were denied a try with that call from the ref. Triple Crown has to be on the cards now!

Yeah - we were denied a try...he should of sent that to the screens. But some go with you and some go against you. We would of still been beat.

Great game but I think Scotland were denied a try with that call from the ref. Triple Crown has to be on the cards now!

I have to say I'd be very surprised if Wales don't secure the Triple Crown. The England set up is very much a work in progress who are scraping their way through at the moment, and Wales look like they have carried over their good from from the RWC.