53 plate 350 induction kit?

besty0882

This depends on exactly what you clasify as "best"

Is it sound you want? Or looks?

Induction kit will not give you any extra performance, and will likely reduce it a little due to heat soak of cone filters.

It won't be a noticable loss in power, we are only talking 3-4 hp. You're butt dyno won't be able to tell the difference there.

Heat shields very rarely form a good seal with the bonnet.

If its performance you want, then getting a MY06 OEM airbox is the way to go. Or get yours modified by the venturi stack mod that rtbiscuit offers in the members trader area of the forum.

I had induction kit fitted simply because the looks and sounds far outweighed the few ponies I lost.

with two similar performance cars, in the real world one needs to have significant more power or lower weight to pull away a massive amount of car lengths and into the sunset.....

I always used to think about my car has xxx bhp and that car has 50 less so mine must be miles faster , over the years i have

come to learn that sometimes the other car can give you a seriously hard time when accelerating up to 70mph on a motorway ;)

The zed has the power but has also been at the pies and is no light weight, but no slouch non the less

For supporting mods have a look in the tuning section ....

I made a decision right at the beginning to lose weight out the Zed, in fact it was my 2nd mod to swap the boot out to Carbon and continue stripping oem weight out the car. Items such as CATS, spare wheel, Y-pipe and the boot along with other items lost me 66kg. Then whilst losing weight (the car not me :snack: ) I moved towards increasing airflow in and out, and some Nitrous Oxide.

If you can lose 100kg or more out the Zed it will make it noticeably spritely, but then you'll be compromising it's luxury and gadgets. The problem a lot of people find with the Zed is that it looks DAMN quick, but in all fairness it's a GT car not a trainer being worn by Hussain Bolt. If you want power FI is the most cost effective way of pushing the Zed, and what a lot of people end up doing is making it sound and look great :thumbs: Which is to be fair the most rewarding part about owning the Zed. When people watch a car belt up the highstreet they think knob, but cruise and be seen and heard puts a thousand eyes upon your ride and THAT alone is a great feeling :thumbs:

For sound, the JWT Popcharger is amazing :)

No noticeable loss of power here, even in the summer :)

You notice it much more when you take it off. Over time you get used to the slight hesitation and very slight dulling of excelleration but when you take it off you realise it. You miss the noise though...

I'd never swap back to the 06 box, for me it's a nasty piece of horrible plastic, Bennett keeps referring to my ARC which soaks a load of heat but I don't care cos even if I do lose 1 or 2 horses the sound keeps me smiling.

I made a decision right at the beginning to lose weight out the Zed, in fact it was my 2nd mod to swap the boot out to Carbon and continue stripping oem weight out the car. Items such as CATS, spare wheel, Y-pipe and the boot along with other items lost me 66kg. Then whilst losing weight (the car not me :snack: ) I moved towards increasing airflow in and out, and some Nitrous Oxide.

If you can lose 100kg or more out the Zed it will make it noticeably spritely, but then you'll be compromising it's luxury and gadgets. The problem a lot of people find with the Zed is that it looks DAMN quick, but in all fairness it's a GT car not a trainer being worn by Hussain Bolt. If you want power FI is the most cost effective way of pushing the Zed, and what a lot of people end up doing is making it sound and look great :thumbs: Which is to be fair the most rewarding part about owning the Zed. When people watch a car belt up the highstreet they think knob, but cruise and be seen and heard puts a thousand eyes upon your ride and THAT alone is a great feeling :thumbs:

Good summary that, we have numerous posts on induction vs standard air box but this is it really. I wouldn't take my Stillen off and go back to the standard box, great sound, looks fantastic in the engine bay with its very well designed heat shield and did I mention, it sounds :cloud9:

• 11 months later...

I'm glad Lexx wrote that comment because i was sure that i'd read somewhere that the '06 airbox offered more in the way of a little power. I don't understand the technicalities of it suffice to say that its far better than the standard '03 to '05 airbox. I'm after one myself and maybe its best if i had a word with Richard at RTBiscuit.

I'm glad Lexx wrote that comment because i was sure that i'd read somewhere that the '06 airbox offered more in the way of a little power. I don't understand the technicalities of it suffice to say that its far better than the standard '03 to '05 airbox. I'm after one myself and maybe its best if i had a word with Richard at RTBiscuit.

Flyboy does a mod for the 03-05 airbox which basically makes it the same as the 06+

Check out the traders section and the details should be there :thumbs:

Edited by Paddy78