Performance Difference Between 18 & 19" rims (vid)

Wasso

Thing is though I've always been torn between performance and looks. They are so divided, I keep looking at wheels and have changed my mind so so many times. There are some cracking 19" rims I want but really want to fill the arch correctly especially with the bodykit. Then when stepping into the 19" arena the looks aren't as optional, then there's the weight and differences in how the car handles. Wheels have to be one of the hardest decisions when it comes to modifications.

Unless you're tracking the car I think It makes little to no difference anyway. People always go on about the sheer weight of 19" wheels with the perception of 'Atlas' lifting them above his head "WARRR"!

Go 19" Ian, you know you want to!! :evil:

If it makes you feel any better, the handling on my 19" feels better than the 18" with spacers, much more confident to chuck it into a corner!

might be an easier decision if the standard RAYS weren't so damn good in the first place! almost any other wheel is going to come with a considerable weight disadvantage!

I keep looking at the Wedssport range and recently the SA60M but they only go to an 18, 9 & 10j. Then there's the SA55M, which were my first selection but have all the technical specifications, but then I prefer the look of the SA60M. Both these models range from 20-21lbs so they are perfect replacement to the RAYS.

Unless you're tracking the car I think It makes little to no difference anyway. People always go on about the sheer weight of 19" wheels with the perception of 'Atlas' lifting them above his head "WARRR"!

If it makes you feel any better, the handling on my 19" feels better than the 18" with spacers, much more confident to chuck it into a corner!

I guess you're right but then I want the look as well and I'm a fussy barsteward! :lol:

Need i remind you 19" are "poi-fect". You've seen the flush fit and stance on mine and I can honestly say I've felt no difference in handling, speed or acceleration. Plenty of choices of 19" wheels out there too! Just depends what you wanna sell to attain them; girlfriend /wife or house! :lol:

Oh go on then....

:teeth:

nissan_350z_tyler_klee_ob_photo_7.jpg

Thanks Ruddles! :clap: You just helped me decide...19" it is!! :yahoo::drive1

Thanks Ruddles! :clap: You just helped me decide...19" it is!! :yahoo::drive1

:thumbs: Here to help! :lol:

Found the link to my wheel thread below, have a gander! :teeth:

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54199

Need i remind you 19" are "poi-fect". You've seen the flush fit and stance on mine and I can honestly say I've felt no difference in handling, speed or acceleration. Plenty of choices of 19" wheels out there too! Just depends what you wanna sell to attain them; girlfriend /wife or house! :lol:

Oh go on then....

:teeth:

nissan_350z_tyler_klee_ob_photo_7.jpg

That looks awesome... B)

I can honestly say I've felt no difference in handling, speed or acceleration

If you went back to 18"s, I can guarantee you would though ;)

I thought the same between the OEM 18"s and the Rays, and it was night and day when I went back to the latter. Couldn't believe the difference it made tbh, it's adding weight at the worst possible place you can. :)

I can honestly say I've felt no difference in handling, speed or acceleration

If you went back to 18"s, I can guarantee you would though ;)

I thought the same between the OEM 18"s and the Rays, and it was night and day when I went back to the latter. Couldn't believe the difference it made tbh, it's adding weight at the worst possible place you can. :)

Maybe ;) I'll leave that for when I sell the Zed for my 911 though! :lol:

^^^^^ agreed Dan but if the 19's come out at 20/21lbs that's still near as damn it to the RAYS, but then you have to sell the wife or house to get there.

Thanks Rud's mate for posting those But I really fancy something different to the norm. I like to be totally different, that sounds about right too :lol:

Here's a 2nd hand pair for sale $1,900 condition 10/10 painted in Titty Juice Blue :lol:

These are the SA60m 18x9 +23 18x10+20, but don't think that Blue would suit an Azure, it would look well over the top me thinks?

weds4.jpg

wedsface.jpg

And these are the ones that float my boat

SA60MBBM18100RR.jpg

Wedsport BLC's are very nice and is something I can get

I would seriously consider 18's with a chunkier tyre though, as Dan says you get a lot more feel and responce on the 18's then 19's but it depends what your goal is.... Looks or performance

Only one way to find out..........

I was also thinking 18 with chunky tyre.

To be fair the BLC's SA67 were my favourite for quite some time, but these SA60's in black and blue really look something.

We shall see what happens over the next few months financially..... :ninja: