Driver window wont go up

jumping350

Sounds exactly the same as mine. Picked the car up drove home (2hours) then the same happened. From fine 2 nothing. Mine had a new motor at the local Nissan dealer luckily I got a warranty from the jag dealer when I bought it. Bill was about £400.

right handy trick if this happens to you hold door open put keys in ingnition flick switch up and bang the bottom of the door ...window up!!!

does this sound like a new motor then? window goes up and down fine now and even drops when opening and closing door

This is a well known fix, and if you had speant 10 mins searching the forums you would have found numerous threads on it ;):p

It's a sign of the motor on the way out when this happens. ZMANALEX or R35LEE will be able to provide replacements.

i would have loved to have spent 10 minutes searching but was on phone in the rain and my seats were getting soaked :lol: needed immediate response!!

It seems fine now but will take it apart and give it a clean and see if that helps and look into getting another...bit of a bigger asi have a spare passenger one!

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday whilst driving in sub zero temps (not fun!). The window had been acting up ever since I got hold of it (i.e. not winding up fully when clicking the switch up. It would go up, then come back down again). Thankfully it's still under warranty, so the mechanic will have it done for me by tuesday. He said that I'd burnt the motor out by using it on such a cold day, without giving time to let the car warm up. I can't believe that's true. Anyway, it appears to be the only window motor my car has needed in 7 years, according to the recepits list.

Incidentally, I have the skipping bose cd problem. Is that kind of thing typically covered under 2nd hand / used dealer warranties? I know there are a million posts about it. But it doesn't strike me as the sort of thing that would normally be covered. I don't have a copy of the T&Cs with me.

Cheers, DT

OK this has now been solved and is working much better now. It's catching 1-2mm of rubber on the seal, but I think that's a "feature" of the design, having no frame...

I used to think that, the motor is failing, I had the same issue. The window would be going up then would automatically go back down as if it had detected something blocking it. Used to gently push it away from the rubber or open the door to preveny this from happening.

Bought a new motor from ZMANALEX and refurbed the old one which I sold here

Mine does the same occasionally. Window just doesnt want to go up. But flicking switch down then up seems to work, so i think it may just be the switch contacts. One to check at the w/end.

Definitely worth checking. Mine did the same a couple of weeks ago, and it was the switch that was broken. Found that out after taking the whole door apart to get at the motor as I assumed it was the normal motor problems, haha. Took it to Abbey who got me a nice new switch block :)

• 4 weeks later...

i have this problem is there any way to check switch before you go down the new motor route as i can hear it clicking but have to bang the door a few times before it moves then it works fine for abit then stops again :bang:

i have this problem is there any way to check switch before you go down the new motor route as i can hear it clicking but have to bang the door a few times before it moves then it works fine for abit then stops again :bang:

If required,Genuine New Nissan Power Window Motors in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Alex :)

If required,Genuine New Nissan Power Window Motors in stock and good to go same/next day :thumbs:

Whats the price on one if it is the motor, will need a passenger one and is it easy to fit as not tryed to take the door off yet {roadster if not the same as a coupe} :thumbs:

Whats the price on one if it is the motor, will need a passenger one and is it easy to fit as not tryed to take the door off yet {roadster if not the same as a coupe} :thumbs:

If the switch is clicking i'd say it's your motor, before ordering a new one i'd take it apart and clean it all, there's a guide for this in the guides section :thumbs:

or you could buy a new one and sell the reconditioned one. Your not always guaranteed the old one will refurb. I bought a new one to save having to strip the door down twice and sold the reconditioned one on. Got half the money back against a new one.

Coupe and Roadster are the same :thumbs:

viewtopic.php?f=157&t=43453

Thanks :thumbs: will see will refurb/clean will work for now if not will get new one end of the month,not sure how sure i am about doing it looks apain to do and im not good at fixing thing but ill give it a try cant make it worse :doh: