Nissan R35 GT-R UK Black Edition Leather Seats

R35LEE

I think I said in an earlier post that no way in a thousand years would I advise anyone to change the colour on a bolster or swab as all the stuff is water based and would not last a month. I just did it whilst the glue was drying on the steering wheel cover,

Chris you are quite right. I think its more the fact will the colour hold.

A steering wheel or gear knob is a definate no no!

Saying that I did a Ferrari 355 2 years ago in Creama and its held it's own. Especially as the original Creame was cellulose.

Before anyone says anything. Italians like to call cream creamer!!

I think they wpuld be fine if treated with the correct sealant :thumbs:

Yeah just dont use the crap kit I got from some leather colouring company. They told me it would be fine on the seat and that they'd done loads of cars before admitting it wouldn't work on the bolsters due to the high concentration of friction going over it. :doh: I would hate to see the seats recoloured to then find they wont hold up to the abuse in a daily driver.

Would look grand in my van :lol:

I think I said in an earlier post that no way in a thousand years would I advise anyone to change the colour on a bolster or swab as all the stuff is water based and would not last a month. I just did it whilst the glue was drying on the steering wheel cover,

Saying that I did a Ferrari 355 2 years ago in Creama and its held it's own. Especially as the original Creame was cellulose.

Good to see honest opinions matey, not like the company I got my kit from. Centre sections of the seat would be ok going by my old 350z seats, but the bolsters are a no-no.

Well that answers that question then:)

Blue will go on red.

And the square is Nissan Anthracite!

The blue is Porsche blue that I used on a Boxster.

DSCF0391.jpg

Now rub on them every day like you would if it were on the seat bolster and see how long it lasts. If its anything like the kit I had (I hope not), I give it a month before it wears through on the edges of the bolsters. ;)

Did you deep clean the leather 1st Chris, then wait 24 hours for it to dry then apply 2 coats of leather sealant.

Wait 30 mins then apply 3 coats of colour dabbed on with a sponge not brushed on! Wait another 24 hours and spray 2-3 more coats of sealant on top!

And then wait a further 24 hrs before you sit on them?

You can substitute the waiting time for a warm air dryer but not the last one. Hence I thing the forum members will tell you I do repairs at weekends or when ever they don't need it the next day.

I recolored a 4 year old 911 GT at R-T performance on Monday.

If my meathod did not work I would not even attempt it.

The 1st forum members car I did (Mac) in Alezan last May is still going strong.

Yes it was the same colour so maybe you did it wrong or more likely the instructions left out all of the above.!

This was a few years ago, so kind of hard to remember. But basically, I took the old colour/sealant off with some kind of thinners (supplied in kit) which turned the rag tan (so obviously did strip the colour off!). Then dabbed 3 coats of colour with a sponge with hair dryer to aid drying. Then applied 3 coats of colour with air brush, again hairdryer to dry, and waiting 30 mins after each. Then 3 coats of sealant with hair dryer and 30 mins between each, then overnight before using them.

To be fair the centres lasted well, just the bolster has a small contact area where it receives a lot of traffic so not surprised it didn't hold out with such a drastic change from tan to black.

Well I have done a couple of Alezan for Forum members and I have not had anyone banging on my door yet. Knock Knock!!!

Maybe its the amount of time i take doing the job as I am a car fanatic and respect other peoples cars.

I would hate it i someone said it was ok to do something then find out it wasn't!

Hence I along with most of the leather restorers do not offer any guarantee on leather repairs due to the volatile nature

of the leather. and English climate!

On the flip side I bet no one goes out and conditions there seats every 2 weeks in the summer and once a month in the winter!

I advise everyone of the need to do this and maintain the leather.

Right these are now taken as I have been given a deposit on them :thumbs:

Second set in the same condition just purchased and I will be modding them over the next 2 weeks for whoever wants them :thumbs: **Adrian you have first dibs**

Second set in the same condition just purchased and I will be modding them over the next 2 weeks for whoever wants them :thumbs: **Adrian you have first dibs**

Oh well I was too slow on this.

What heathen pinched me seats!

Oh, wait, what?! :scare::boxing: :boxing:

Comeeee ooooon!!! :angry::rant:

:lol:

OK, OK, will have the second set then.

:lol: enough to go around Adrian :thumbs:

Peter, I will get a price off nissan today for a pair of seats. If they sell them the same as 350z seats they will be sold in 2 sections being the base and the back. I would guess...... £2k a seat knowing Nissan :scare: Lets see how far away my guess is :thumbs:

It depends on the covering. If its leather or a mixture?

Going on those red ones I like I would say all the bits both sides with the base

is £5k

I am going on the audi R8 price and they look the same to me.

They will look even better with those green harnesses whatever make they are.

tein??

Good to see honest opinions matey, not like the company I got my kit from. Centre sections of the seat would be ok going by my old 350z seats, but the bolsters are a no-no.

Do you live down South Chris as I could take a look for you!

Edited by 4RE Leather

Peter my 350z seats are long gone. You need to ask SMD where they went, he threw them in his car and whisked them away :lol:

Nice roof on the van :p

Keeps the rain out and the heat in, what more can you ask for! I'll get a better pic at the weekend!

Talking about SMD where is he?

Loads of inbound flack but nothing coming back!

A bit like the spurs footy team of late?

If he got your seats Chris they could be painted with a tin of blue gloss from Homebase?

Daft Apeth isn't he:):)

The footy result for this weekend is.

Spurs lost . Anyone else won:) !!

:boxing: