Choice of Z ????????

OllyB

Hey, I've been searching around the forum but I still have a few questions.

I'm in the market for a Z, but, I'm not sure which is best to get. Reading the threads and specs I think I've decided to go for the later HR car but I'm worried that this may limit what can be done on the modding front...

I guess my question is: Am I limiting what I can do by going for the HR over the DE?

There seems to be allot more upgrades for the DE, I'm sure this is due to the fact that the HR was only around for a few years therefore companies were less likely to develop parts for it. I assume the suspension and brake upgrades are suitable for all Z's and its only the engine side that's different, is this the case and are there similarities between the new 370Z engine, therefore are 370Z parts compatible (excuse the lack of knowledge, bring on the numpty comments, I can take it!)

Id be looking initially at the usual filter, exhaust, UpRev route but I know what I'm like and I'm sure I'd soon be itching to go FI......

Your thoughts please

Hey, I've been searching around the forum but I still have a few questions.

I'm in the market for a Z, but, I'm not sure which is best to get. Reading the threads and specs I think I've decided to go for the later HR car but I'm worried that this may limit what can be done on the modding front...

I guess my question is: Am I limiting what I can do by going for the HR over the DE?

There seems to be allot more upgrades for the DE, I'm sure this is due to the fact that the HR was only around for a few years therefore companies were less likely to develop parts for it. I assume the suspension and brake upgrades are suitable for all Z's and its only the engine side that's different, is this the case and are there similarities between the new 370Z engine, therefore are 370Z parts compatible (excuse the lack of knowledge, bring on the numpty comments, I can take it!)

Id be looking initially at the usual filter, exhaust, UpRev route but I know what I'm like and I'm sure I'd soon be itching to go FI......

Your thoughts please

Hr usually has more power OEM spec than DE, it's also in the higher RFL tax bracket :thumbdown: . Depends on what mods you want to do though? If you're looking for BIG power upgrades go for the DE there is a lot more choice, that i have seen, around for Turbo and supercharger upgrades :thumbs:

HR engine has more BHP for a kick off so you'll be modding a DE to get up to HR levels straight away.

Christ how fast do you lot need your cars! Its sub 6 seconds as it is! :p

You can never go too fast :p

GTM do a s/c kit for the HR car.

A member recently had one fitted and mapped by Abbey Motorsport, so I would suggest giving Mark at Abbey a ring.

You can't get all that much power out of a Zed over stock without going the FI route.

If you get a DE and spend money on plenum spacer, HFC's, Exhaust, remap then you would only be just around the power level of a HR engined car.

The HR engine doesnt require a plenum spacer. the rest of the kit fits Zeds across the range.