HSD Coilovers

_BR1TT0N_

Hi guys, any one got HSD's on their zed? Also pics would be greatly appreciated! Would HSD's go really low? As in that low to drag the car on the floor? :-) No one seems to give a figure of how much the zed could be dropped on HSD coilovers? Dont know what i would do with out this forum!! Lol Cheers!

Recently fitted them to an Evo & its tucking the tyres now & still has a fair bit of adjustment left B)

Really well made aswell & pretty comfortable. Might get a set for the Skyline if my Nismo's don't go low enough

Thanks for the quick replys! Well I don't track the car or anything so if I am going to spend a chunk of cash on coilovers, I want to make sure if I wanted it low, I could make it low if ya see what I mean, it's the only reason for me buying coilovers is too drop is as much as poss, any idea where I can find some pics of these fitted? I searched the whole of google I

Images lol cheers, also would they be stiff enough that I couldn't fit my finger between arch and tyre, they wouldn't rub? :-)

Thanks for the quick replys! Well I don't track the car or anything so if I am going to spend a chunk of cash on coilovers, I want to make sure if I wanted it low, I could make it low if ya see what I mean, it's the only reason for me buying coilovers is too drop is as much as poss, any idea where I can find some pics of these fitted? I searched the whole of google I

Images lol cheers, also would they be stiff enough that I couldn't fit my finger between arch and tyre, they wouldn't rub? :-)

Recipe for disaster there.

Too hard on British roads will kill the coilovers.

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread but thought it worth continuing instead of starting a new one as these are currently top of my list. :thumbs:

Which HSD HR coilovers are being discussed here? I've noticed that the newer ones for the 350Z have a true coilover rear and spring rates of 14kg/mm front, 7kg/mm rear compared to 12kg/mm front, 11kg/mm rear of the older ones with the OEM inboard spring setup.

The other options I'm considering are MeisterR Zeta-S (about £100 cheaper) with inboard spring and 10kg/mm front, 8kg/mm rear spring rates or MeisterR Zeta-R (about £100 more than HSD) with true coilover rear and 10kg/mm front, 5kg/mm rear.

I'm wanting something for everyday and fast road driving with a drop of 15-20mm (maybe a touch more on the rear if it'll still clear speed bumps) and not considering any track time at the moment. I'm hoping to reduce body-roll, sharpen the handling a bit and if at all possible reduce the crashing over the rutted and pot hole strewn roads. Which of these will be most suitable?

I've never bought coilovers before and don't know how relevant the spring rates are if the dampers are also different so it would be good to hear from anyone who has road experience with any of these. Also, what maintenance is required with these or are they just fit and forget like the standard dampers?

I believe my HSD's are 14/7 and as I say, they are a perfect compromise for me - I should add Ive driven lots of other cars with coilovers (I own 3 others at the moment) but unfortunately dont have experience of other coilovers on a 350Z.

Damping is adjustable (mine is at 50% and is fine) and its worth taking the wheels off and giving them a decent clean and grease once or twice a year if you dont want them to seize. I cant recommend them enough, a few recent track excursions have confirmed that they are very good. :thumbs:

Talk to my good friends at Driftworks: http://www.driftworks.com/shop/hsd-hr-c ... z-z33.html

Thanks docwra. I have exchanged a few emails with Kam at Driftworks already and he really rates them, but then he would. :D

It does seem that nearly everyone is happy with whichever coilovers they've chosen so maybe I'm over thinking it a bit. The dual perch design of the HSD rear coilovers (and MeisterR Zeta-R) technically seems like a good idea as they don't reduce the travel of either the spring or damper despite lowering which makes sense to me. For the price of the HSD I think it would be hard to go wrong.

OK, put it this way - Ive currently got HKS Hipermax II on an S13 200SX, HSD's on my 350Z and Cusco fronts, Tein rears on another S13. Ive driven cars (mostly 200's) on road and track with D2, Tein, HSD, Meister R, Cusco (95% sure ;)), Boge, Apex Gen I, Apex Gen II and Daiyama coilovers.

None of them short of the HKS have impressed me like the HSD's, and the HKS went straight onto a track car, the HSD's are better on the road. Anything other than D2's are an improvement, but the HSD's are unbeatable for the money IMO. :)