Falken 452's on Nismo 19" LMGT4 ?

andyvvc

My rear tyres are pretty low on tread, fronts aren't much better. This is the first time I have changed the tyres on the new Zed - anyone had any problems with the larger 275 Falkens? Are they as decent as they were for the 18" RAYS ? Currently it's running the pricier Toyo Proxies.

I've been quoted £720 (including VAT and fitting) by my local Notts fitting centre. (Falken 452 - 245x35x19 and 275x35x19) Sounds pretty good. I think Camskill comes in at 620 quid for the Falken's delivered, and at 10-15 quid a corner to fit thats not far off the fitters overall price. Unless anyone has had nightmares with the larger Falken's on the 19" Nismos compared to the 18" RAYS, I think im gonna punt for these early next week...?

I had the 452's on my 19" Nismo rims and I found them fine for road and the odd spirited use ;):thumbs:

Big Phil - was quite right right - they are under-rated, athough too soft for dry track work on a regular basis.

Grip, wet and dry was fine - personally I found 37-38psi, because of the softer side walls compared to say the 050A's, also helped.

they shift the water very well, and i found they have less road noise than the pirelli assymetrics i used to have, same as the vreds were quieter than the bridgestones.

personally i don't think the falkens are the best on 18"s the bigger tyre wall on 18"s means more movement, on bigger wheels the tyre is a lot stiffer.

personally i don't think the falkens are the best on 18"s the bigger tyre wall on 18"s means more movement, on bigger wheels the tyre is a lot stiffer.

When I got my 18" Rotas from BigPhil he stepped down the profile from the standard to get around this. Seemed to work well for me, never had any complaints. Think I was running 40 profile rather than 45 profile. Obvoiusly the speedo was overreading, but thats no bad thing sometimes!

they shift the water very well, and .......

Good point and maybe why I found them fine on the 19" rims with 30/35 profiles compared to the 40/45 profiles on 18" rims that some have mentioned as finding them too soft :thumbs:

Thanks for the replies guys! I've ordered two of each Falken 452: 245x35x19 and 275x35x19. After reading thru the forum, these are the correct sizes, right? A few people on this thread (and others elsewhere) have stated a 30 profile...but im almost certain mine currently run a 35 profile... Which is the Ni$$an/Nismo approved 'standard' tyre profile?

Colin - thanks for the psi tip. I will try them with 35psi to start and if i notice any tyrewall flex i will increase the pressures a bit. Hopefully the lower 35 profile will mean little or no flex anyway, but i guess i will find out!

I managed to get across to from Derbyshire to Tunstall (Stoke) the other night and back the next morning on my worn tyres.... it wasnt an enjoyable experience! Snow and slush and water + low tread = Driving Miss Daisy :blush: