Meh - screwed up SORN....chances of retribution?

Ricey

Just taxed the Fiesta after its mighty and triumphant MOT pass (following a ruck of welding an new brakes!) - its been on SORN for 2 years and stupid me didn't realise that when I transferred the car into my name it would need to be re-SORN'ed.

After a stern telling off form the post office lady she basically said - the DVLA may contact you to claim back taxes.

DVLA website implies that "THERE IS NO ESCAPE! YOUR FINISHED! THIS TIME NEXT WEEK YOU'LL BE SHARING A CELL WITH A GUY CALLED BUBBA AND YOU'LL BE REQUIRED TO 'TOSS THE SALAD'"

Government and Nazi post mistress propaganda or am I financially doomed and left in a heap bleeding from the anus by this 'cheapo shed'.

I took ownership on 30/09/2011 so thats when liability commenced apparently.

:snack:

When I transfered the old mans R6 over to my name I did exactly the same thing and nothing came of it. You should be ok, and if they do investigate then explain and I'm sure they'll be fine with it. They'll be more arsey if they thought you should be taxing it and werent. If they know that it would have been SORN'd anyway they probably wont care.

They can't cope now and today they've announced they're going to close the regional DVLA offices too. On that basis I should think your denim ar*e will be safe :D

I chased them for my V5 when I bought the Zed and they sent me two!! :wacko:

Just remember your soap on a rope then ;):lol:

Am sure it will be fine - is only two months - othr than tax discs the DVLA take at least that long to process ANYTHING :shrug:

You should give one to that bloke who keeps offering to buy my car via Paypal or real nice bankers drafts as he appreciates my car very highly and wants to give it to his brither the Crown Prince of Lagos.

:lol:

You should give one to that bloke who keeps offering to buy my car via Paypal or real nice bankers drafts as he appreciates my car very highly and wants to give it to his brither the Crown Prince of Lagos.