Windscreen Jets

Marios

Having a problem with my water jets for the wind screen wiper, I have topped it up to the top but struggle to get any water to come out on the windscreen, however the headlights seem to be getting water out of it.

No matter how long I hold the lever forward to try and get some water out it doesn't give any or a little bit comes out then nothing else.

Is this a common fault and something I can fix?

Gets stranger :

The front headlight jets only work if :

I turn my head lights on and flash the full beans on and off - the jets will then spray the headlights but it will only work once and I have to turn the engine off and on again to get them working.

However neither the front or rear windscreen wipers are producing any water what so ever...

Gets stranger :

I turn my head lights on and flash the full beans on and off - the jets will then spray the headlights but it will only work once and I have to turn the engine off and on again to get them working.

However neither the front or rear windscreen wipers are producing any water what so ever...

That's normal. The head lamp washer only operate once unless you switch engine off/on. You may also be able to reset / use the headlamp washer again from the switch to the lower right of the steering wheel near the petrol flap switch IIRC.

Gets stranger :

That's normal. The head lamp washer only operate once unless you switch engine off/on. You may also be able to reset / use the headlamp washer again from the switch to the lower right of the steering wheel near the petrol flap switch IIRC.

Oh right ok - still not getting anything our of windscreen jets tho?

Gets stranger :

I'll say it again. Have you checked the fuses?

Gets stranger :

Checked the fuses couldn't see anything wrong with them :bang:

Gets stranger :

Checked the fuses couldn't see anything wrong with them :bang:

Where did you find the fuse? I could find the headlight 1s but not the wiper 1s, i was looking for a good few days aswel

seems like a common fault, mine have failed twice now :dry:

rear one is still broke but i kind of fixed the front one by removing the the non return valve which is under the brake fluid cover, replaced it with a piece of copper brake pipe.

if you get no sound at all from the drivers front wheel arch (thats where the pumps are) then they are dead, the headlight pump is behind the passenger wheel arch.

the pumps are a nissan dealer only item :headhurt:

the pumps are a nissan dealer only item :headhurt:

Pretty sure Alex will have them :thumbs:

true but think he gets them from nissan too :shrug::blush:

Yep, sorry I misunderstood what you meant, my bad mate.

He has them at about a fifth of the dealer price :thumbs:

got mine from Alex, think they were around £47 inc del each (last year) surely the dealers can't be selling them for close to £250, if Alex is a fifth cheaper :surrender:

Ask nixy. I think she said 270 from Toby's place :scare: there's a thread she put up recently :thumbs:

I couldn't hear the pump from inside the car too but it turned out the be the NRV (non return valve) under the brake master cylinder etc cover...I simply removed the NRV to get them working and fitted a joining barb...still haven't replaced it yet as the jets work fine and dont drain back....So try the NRV as its easy to change / remove and will cost nill...if no luck maybe the pump...Good luck

Changed my non-return valve (£2.49 from Halfords) after the drivers side jets were just a dribble. After replacing the NRV, both jets have a decent flow. My rear wiper motor is completely silent and looks like it's goosed. i think a PM to Alex is imminent.