Bose problem

lylesy

Having what I hear is a common prob with my stereo. The music keeps sticking if I try and play CDs. The car is a 06 facelift with Bose sat nav and bluetooth phone. Is the prob just with the headunit? So if I replace just that will it b ok? I dnt want 2 loose the bluetooth or sat nav will all this still work properly with a different head unit. Links between all these systems is giving me a headache. Also I dnt have many CDs have a connection for my iPhone in the other car if I could have the same in the z would b great any suggestions for headunits and anything else will b really helpful. Thanks guys I dnt have a clue what 2 do.

The repaired unit also fail after a while so not worth the bother. Better option is to perform the ipod/iphone/mp3 hack and use one of those devices instead of antiquated compact discs.

It does involve removing the unit, opening it up, and a little bit of soldering but the results are more than worth it.

So I can add an iPod conection 2 the original head unit and just dnt use the cd? Does this then mean u can't use the tape player and the iPod comes on when u hit the tape button or have I got it wrong? Also with the sat nav I dnt have the cubbyhole hole were can I bring the cable out?

You understand correctly. You lose the tape functionality. It is reversible though.

I brought the cable out at the right hand corner of the dash to use with an iphone/tomtom windscreen mount.

You could bring it out into the central glove box between the seats if you wish.