more power ??? how ?

leo350z

hi ! just bought a 2004 350z wanting to get it to around the 320bhp mark what would be the best way off doing this and would the normal engine internals easily handle this power ? was thinking better airbox exhaust remap would this do the trick ? thanks leo

:welcome: to the forum. Re-map is normally the way ahead,you can discuss your requirements with Abbey Motorsport, RS Tuning or Horsham Developments who are all forum traders and specialize in this area. 320 bhp may be a bit above what a re-map and adding a few bits might achieve though. :blush:

Plenty of reading here

viewforum.php?f=114

here

viewforum.php?f=131

and here

viewforum.php?f=161

Buy an Evo...... :lol:

On a serious note - FI is the only way you're gonna get decent numbers out of a Zed.

You can do it with NOS, but for the cost and all the other ancillary stuff.....you may as well get a s/c

options

A. Supercharge it (from new £7k and upwards)

B. Turbo it (from new £12k and upwards)

C. NOS (not sure on the costs,)

D. Buy a faster car (could actually save you money)

Nos is probably close to the price of supercharger to make any decent power with and safely.

This needs to be stickied.

options

i used to write more details, but i've posted it so many times this is the condesed version

options

Don't forget that when you have that power you are at some point going to want to stop and probably corner faster - Supporting mods can cost a lot as well!

Start with grip and handling - it will make you faster round a track to start with IMO.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :thumbs:

just buy a sc kit now

otherwise youll buy all the mods apart from that, still not have enough power, then buy a sc kit and think, why didnt i just buy a sc kit in the first place! plus you get all winter to tweak and setup the car ready for spring, when the traffic light grand prix season starts!

where are you located mate?

also you got any pics of your wagon up yet?

• 2 weeks later...

hey thanks for all the advice! im from barnsley mate. havent got no pics up off the car yet but its totaly stock at the moment anyway. what sort of gains would i be looking at if i just got the decat airbox and plenum filter and remap ? would love to get a s.c or turbo but its alot of cash to dish out and i doubt santa will be bringing one down the chimney this year lol :). want to get more power as my mates integra type R bet me the other day and its only running at 240bhp makes me feel sik lol :p

Congrats on getting a Z buddy. Not surprised you got beaten by a 240bhp Integra! Pretty much 300kg weight difference (depending on if its a DC2 or DC5 ) so the Integra's power to weight is way better! As everyone else said the Z has a NA engine so you will struggle to get serious power gains unless you go FI. Hope your enjoying it anyway mate :)