Awesome run in with a 2011 GT-R today *Edited*

Mega

:scare::scare::scare::scare::scare::scare:

Today I pulled up next to a GTR at the lights. We acknowledged eachother. Then drove for a while. I briefly followed him at 30mph. The exhaust note at 30mph sounded superb from both cars.

It was fun. Both cars are nice.

I now like my zed much more than I did this morning. You could call it an epiphany.

That is all.

[i'm not quite sure this topic still has the same effect :( ]

:lol:

Glad you had fun, also glad you didn't kill anyone :p

People have actually been done using forums as evidence haven't they...? Probably best like this :dummy:

At 30mph? Crikey! At 30mph you'd have to be pretty unlucky to get prosecuted!

:lol:

This thread is now ghey.

...but in a non-incriminating sort of way...

None of what I read was incriminating. He said that the GT-R left him for dead and accelerated away from him up to about 100mph. Nothing criminal about that, unless your the GTR driver.

This thread is now ghey.

None of what I read was incriminating. He said that the GT-R left him for dead and accelerated away from him up to about 100mph. Nothing criminal about that, unless your the GTR driver.

Thanks dude. Appreciate the support. I'm not after kicking off a slanging contest or any such though :) The re-post was tongue in cheek more than anything else.. hehe. I thought the post was safe but a mod (presumably AK350) disagreed. There we go. It's not free speech on forums, it's up to the mods. What's done is done :) :)

Like I said: The zed was fun today: :)

This thread is now ghey.

Thanks dude. Appreciate the support. I'm not after kicking off a slanging contest or any such though :) The re-post was tongue in cheek more than anything else.. hehe. I thought the post was safe but a mod (presumably AK350) disagreed. There we go. It's not free speech on forums, it's up to the mods. What's done is done :) :)

Like I said: The zed was fun today: :)

At least you took it well. Obviously as the main 350Z owners club in the UK we have to be sensitive about certain types of "fun" if you see what I mean. I moved it as a precaution until the team decided if it could stand or not.

Purely on a 'data gathering' exercise by the prosecution in the even of an incident in the future you should be very careful what you post.

10penceshort (prison diaries linked in the safe driving thread) is the best known case where the prosecution had used owners club posts made by him to create a profile which was less than favourable. Remember, posts can be taken out of context too....

I know it's a bit doom and gloom but just be caeful about it. We aren't doing it to have a 'holier than thou' attitude, we are doing it to protect our members, ie YOU.

Others may remember when member ian.lewkowicz was tragically killed in an accident while driving his 350Z. If the police investigation had swayed towards trying to lay blame on him for the accident then do you think they' have looked at the forums he was a member of to try to gather evidence of his percieved driving style?

Anyway, thats a little serious for a light hearted thread however those are the reasons behind us being 'spoilsports' :)

In addition to what Stew has said about being careful what is posted and things easily being misconstrued, it is clear insurance companies also look for any avenue to decline a claim, as I have a relative who is employed by one and his main task is to check all sources of information as to whether there are grounds to decline a claim under their small print ;)