DEALERSHIP RIP OFF - Clicky Rear Axle

Rubber

All,

Going through some old car receipts and found this - I thought I should share it with you to alert you to the extortionate prices dealerships charge.

I have blanked out the name of the dealership because I assume that this is the price that most dealers would charge so not point in demonising this crowd in particular. They were however, completely useless and the car was in there for 2 months. I only bought it a few months previous :(

Anyway, I did have a warranty with the car when I bought it, to the valve of something like £1500 so I only had to pay £500 for the fix. However, then the battle ensued with the warranty company - obviously they didn't want to pay, how could they make money otherwise?!!! I had to use the Financial Ombudsman in the Isle of Man (where the Warranty company was based) to twist their arm.

This was all a very painful part of my early owenership and I don't think I was ready to talk about it until now - nearly 4 years later :headhurt: . On the plus side the car has (touch wood) not had any faults since then.

Moral of the story, don't bother with the dealers and be grateful of the great traders that we have the pleasure of dealing with on here. Makes 350Z ownership so much more enjoyable and cheaper :)

NissanInvoice.jpg

Regards,

Chris

I wonder why!

As a dealer we do have certain issue that are peculiar and therefore on the face of things look much more expensive.

However in defence of "Some of us!"

Given some circumstance we can also be competitive and offer a level of come back

i.e. recently we had 350Z owner in for a service and a clicky axel, he was charged for the service at a reduced rate and git the axel done for free!

Communication is the name of the game, talk to us first, and you will be surprised when expectations meet!

Can't speak for all dealers, but a few of us are trying!

I am sure this is also very true of the independents too.

:shrug:

around £250 for the kit from ZMANALEX and a couple of hours labour at a garage. No reason to got to a dealership. My brother fitted mine at his garage. I would recommend that its done at a garage unless you are quite experienced

sadly for a lot of dealerships they don't see the zed very often,

i was told of an incident a while back where someone was charged an insane amount of money to change a hid bulb.

they charged near £200 for the bulb, ( i got a pair of bulbs for £70)

and then they charged them another £300 for fitting the bulb. apparently they took the wing off the car in order to get to the headlight unit. (most normal people take a wheel off and the wheel arch lining out.)

i know some dealerships are trying, but mine and many other peoples opinions of alot of mainstream dealers is complete ineptness.

That's the crowd Stew. Absolutely useless :thumbdown:

My initial days of Zed ownership were tough, paid something like £15k then had all this hassle to contend with (although I only paid £500 after much fighting) and then the economy went down the pan about 6 months later so the car was worth about £3k less than what I bought it for :surrender:

However,, things have come good since then and the car has run without any major issues :thumbs: (touch wood again before I jinx myself!)

Funily enough when I bought me Zed they sorted out a couple of small warranty issues. They also refused to sort out a fe3w others and then I fell out with them.

They now only sell Renaults at that site. No official Nissan Dealer in Aberdeen now although they always seem to have new Nissans outsde....

I went there a few months ago for a recall on my Navara. They were FAR better. To the point that I was impressed with the service I reccieved from them.