Respray Advice Needed.

stuarty

My Zed is booked in next tuesday to have the front bumper, part of the bonnet and drivers side back quarter painted. Reason for this is that the bumper and bonnet have the usual stone chips and the paint on the back quarter looks a bit thin.

It is a really close friend who's painting my car and his work is always awesome.

Question is he only wants £260 to do the work (mate's rates), thats including machine polishing my full car afterwards. I asked him how much he would take to respray my full car out of curiosity. He replied £600!

I think this is really cheap and I know his work will be faultless, but is there any disadvantages to having my full car resprayed? :)

The benefit is that you get a full colour match. If you car is metallic that's harder to match than a flat colour.

Jim

Thanks, any bad points. Dont want it to look like my car's been in an accident when I finally decide to sell it.

I would be slightly unsure of a car that had a full respray.

The benefit is that you get a full colour match. If you car is metallic that's harder to match than a flat colour.

Jim

Thanks, any bad points. Dont want it to look like my car's been in an accident when I finally decide to sell it.

I'd be much more unsure of a car that had a significant partial respray (i.e whole front end) than one that had a full respray, and anyway as it's not due to any damage I wouldn't have said you'd be under any obligation to tell anyone about it when you come to sell it on. As long as the colour matches the V5 and the car looked straight, i'd see a full respray as a bonus when buying a car, especially one with crappy thin paint like the Zed. If it really is a full respray for £600, bite his hand off and go for it :thumbs:

DB

Jim

I'd be much more unsure of a car that had a significant partial respray (i.e whole front end) than one that had a full respray, and anyway as it's not due to any damage I wouldn't have said you'd be under any obligation to tell anyone about it when you come to sell it on. As long as the colour matches the V5 and the car looked straight, i'd see a full respray as a bonus when buying a car, especially one with crappy thin paint like the Zed. If it really is a full respray for £600, bite his hand off and go for it :thumbs:

DB

Thanks for the advice mate. I'm going to take photos of all my panels to show that ive only got some stonechips here and there. That way i can show any future buyer. ;)

Think someone's after a cheap paint job!

Get it now! :lol: Sorry was being a bit thick. Its been happening alot recently.

Went out for a wee drive last week after nearly crushing myself to death. I decided to park the car and nip in for a haircut. I waited over an hour in the barbers, finally had a trim, left the barbers and walked home. Got halfway home and realised i'd left my car in the carpark.

Had to walk back down and get it :blush:

Get it now! :lol: Sorry was being a bit thick. Its been happening alot recently.

Went out for a wee drive last week after nearly crushing myself to death. I decided to park the car and nip in for a haircut. I waited over an hour in the barbers, finally had a trim, left the barbers and walked home. Got halfway home and realised i'd left my car in the carpark.

:headhurt:

I spent ages in the work car park looking for my Zed earlier got in a real panic then realised I was holding the keys to my other car :blush:

:headhurt:

I spent ages in the work car park looking for my Zed earlier got in a real panic then realised I was holding the keys to my other car :blush:

Once when I had the Lambo, I stopped off at a northbound motorway services for a KFC to cure a stinking hangover. I got out of the car and had to cross the bridge to the southbound side where the KFC was. Scoffed the KFC and came out to find my car had disappeared! Major panic and even called the police and my tracker company!!

It took about ten minutes to realise I'd parked it in the northbound car park of the services :blush::lol:

The last car I paid someone to respray also cost me £600, but that was about 12 years ago. lol....

For that sort of cash, id definitely go for the full respray as if you just have panels or bumpers done they will more than likely be very noticable and buyers will then start wondering if its had an accident.

Seriously though, do you think your mate would be interested in a 'club members rate' obviosuly not as good as mates rates but I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.

Your a bit far away.

I have an awesome painter aswell. He is very cheap for me and his company does work for BMW, Bentley etc... He fixed my front bumper which had a crack in a very hard place to fix and resprayed it for 85quid.

My car got scratched 3 days before a show, he had it fixed and sprayed and had it back to me on the Friday and paint match was perfect. Only 125 quid to get 3 panels fixed and a dent removed from the wing.

Fantastic Guy and I've passed a few people from here over to him to get stuff done. Everybody has been very pleased.