Put a deposit on a zed :)

Freebird

I made a thread a few days ago about going to view an import at a dealership today, well i went and was very impressed by the condition of the car so stuck down a deposit and go to pick her up on Tuesday morning :yahoo:

Here is a pic from the add

media?id=1853789326

In the Japanese documentation i noticed some kind of Nismo certificate looking type piece of paper obviously im not up to scratch on my Japanese but i assume it could be for the front bumper and rear spoiler. Under the bonnet to my surprise was an AEM cold feed induction kit on it which under load sounds awesome. It looks to have also had a very recently new OE exhaust put on possibly along with new Cats (had that fresh cat smell after a slightly spirited test drive). Car pulled well in all gears no odd noises from anywhere apart from sounds like stones in an under tray at the rear when quickly changing direction, did the forward and reverse check for the "clicky axel" and no noises there either. Interior is very clean and good condition, has the bose upgrade along with a mini disk changer behind the passenger seat oh and folding mirrors :D . The car has full main dealer service history along with the japanese log book prior to its arrival in this country. The previous owner was a paramedic (i think from memory) but yeah im very excited about going to get her on Tuesday :yahoo::yahoo:

Hopefully get my ass along to some meets and the like asap, i used to be heavily involved in the VX220 owners club and hope to have the same kind of interest with you lot. :drive1

Nice looking car! That front bumper and side skirts seem to be the same as the ones on my Japanese import though I don't have the rear spoiler on my 2004 roadster. Love the look on mine though the front spoiler has collected an awful lot of stone chips...be warned! Hope you have heaps of fun :thumbs:

Suppose i had best update this :p

I have been busy since picking her up, but my god am i happy! The car is so drivable its ridiculous buckets of torque. Also actually having an interior is awesome along with cup holders and places to put things. After 4 years with a VX220 i really do appreciate these little things haha. Just got to work up the courage to finally flick the TC off ;)

I am also impressed with the 29 average mpg i have been getting as i havnt exactly been hanging around lol. However there are always going to be those few niggles... :p

I have the well documented Bose skip along with the left front speaker cutting in and out, it becoming tedious already haha. I will be taking it all apart on Friday when i have time to sort all of this out and i will stick in an audio lead for an ipod too while i have it all apart.

Need a new ariel as the standard one look **** and isnt in the greatest of condition.

New number plates as the rear has some horrid "carbon fibre" look lettering on it, and the front id like to change to a square jdm style one to match the rear.

My diped beam bulbs are different colours so looks a bit shite when they are on, so need to change them for the same colour. Out of interest are the OE HID bulbs more blue or yellow in colour? as i have one of each of those colours. I had 6000k HID's on my VX and that looked pretty good so could always just get a couple of cheaper HID bulbs of that colour range from ebay. What are your guys thoughts?

The AEM induction kit sounds awesome and also looks pretty :D but i feel eventually i will do some more work under the engine bay. Such as plenum spacer, some carbon fibre and a polish here and there.

Also high on the list is a new zaust that makes some noise, at the moment the in cabin noise is very pleasing but it has a near enough silent exhaust note, so would love to sort that out. Most people seem to be fairly happy with the Japspeed stuff is this the case? And is it worth the money i know it is cheap. From when i was looking before i think i liked the idea of the buddyclub system. I need to browse this forum some more and go have a listen at youtube for vids, but does anyone have any experience or thoughts on that particular system?

Found a seller on ebay that does it for £699 and im pretty sure that system comes with a y pipe.

I have managed to lose track of where i was going with this haha, so i shall leave it there. I think i might do a project thread and update as and when. Even just for my reference.

Pictures soon after yet another clean B)

All sounds good!

Do some research on the exhausts before you buy mate. The Japspeed stuff has very mixed opinions. Some love them, others hate them. Some have fitting issues and say they are badly manufactured, others say they fit fine.

Im running a K1 on mine and its fine if you wanted it on a car you arnt doing many miles in - or a weekend toy. Mine is staggeringly loud to the point where my hearing has definitely got worse. But, when you floor it, it really does sound amazing! Its just the drone at 2000rpm (about 70mph) which does my head in.

There are endless different manufacturers out there of exhausts, but the one most people seem to go for as being best value for money is the scorpion.