plenum spacer question

Niko

Short answer, it allows more air to enter the front two cylinders which are apparently slightly choked off by the slope of the unmodified plenum.

OP: To be honest if all you did was fit the plenum spacer on its own with no supporting mods or a remap i'd be very surprised if it made any difference at all to anything. The plenum spacer as such shouldn't have caused a drop like that in MPG, i'd suspect something in the throttle body/MAF may have got nudged out of place during the install. There are reset and position re-learn procedures for all of that stuff in the FAQ section I believe.

DB

That was a waste of your money........ :blush:

Unless you are getting an up rev, it won't do jack.

As Wasso said, but check to see if you have pinched the rubber oil filler collar underneath the plenum.

You should have said you wanted to throw a few hundred pounds away. i would have been straight round to yours :dry:

As Wasso said, but check to see if you have pinched the rubber oil filler collar underneath the plenum.

You should have said you wanted to throw a few hundred pounds away. i would have been straight round to yours :dry:

plenum spacer is a decent proven mod. What year of 350 did you have?

Think you are throwing your own personal opinion around a bit too much buddy !!!

I sold this spacer to Niko, I've sold lots and just because you have a bee in your bonnet about it it doesn't mean you have to be quite so rude where other peoples money is involved.

Wind your neck in :thumbdown:

I hope it is an easy install...I am going to try it myself :scare:

As long as you follow the guide there's nothing to it honestly. I even changed out my lower plenum to the MREV myself, the difficult part is getting to the hose clips at the back of the plenum, but you can install the spacer without undoing these hoses. It can help to have a second person just to hold up the plenum whilst you fit the spacer.

It would be much easier with an extra set of hands. I done mines myself also but make sure you get a decent torque wrench with correct drives etc.

If I could go back again I wouldn't spend the money on it. I don't regret it but in total for the money I've spent i could have easily charged her and on the way to tt. Live and learn I suppose. All those mods did make a very big difference and is very noticeable against standard zeds on track and especially noticeable against 370z's as they should smoke a 350z

Col, they do work and if they didnt we wouldn't advise to fit them. We sold a load over the few years we have been tuning the Zed's but they change the way the motor breaths so they do need a remap to make them work properly. We change the fueling map quite drastically after fitting a plenum spacers.

Mark

Well I've just had a look to check if I missed anything after doing the plenum and the bloody bolts holding the plenum down I can undo with my fingers, I torqued the plenum up as the instruction stated so don't know why this has happened. Dose anyone have the correct torque settings?

Well I've just had a look to check if I missed anything after doing the plenum and the bloody bolts holding the plenum down I can undo with my fingers, I torqued the plenum up as the instruction stated so don't know why this has happened. Dose anyone have the correct torque settings?

This might help Niko

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/manual.pdf

Think you are throwing your own personal opinion around a bit too much buddy !!!

I sold this spacer to Niko, I've sold lots and just because you have a bee in your bonnet about it it doesn't mean you have to be quite so rude where other peoples money is involved.

+1, not sure why either. I got a proved increase of 9hp with NO tuning on my 350Z back in the day. The price might not be reflective to what it is, a bit of metal.. but I've spent more on even cheaper metal :lol:

zugara, you got dyno papers before and after spacer?

+1, not sure why either. I got a proved increase of 9hp with NO tuning on my 350Z back in the day. The price might not be reflective to what it is, a bit of metal.. but I've spent more on even cheaper metal :lol:

zugara, you got dyno papers before and after spacer?

Zugara is of course entitled to his own opinion :thumbs:

Just thought it was a bit harsh the way he said it on poor Niko's thread.. As Mark and Andlid have said they are Dyno proven, you will probably get 3x more gains from one of these than an induction kit that costs twice as much.. So in those terms its not a bad return for a little bit of metal

:lol: