plenum spacer question

Niko

Don't want too upset those who sell this item :surrender:

Thats my opinion, said without malice, just an honest appraisal of what I feel about the spacer. No more no less. If it affects your sales, sorry :surrender:

I was under the impression that freedom of speech was available to forum members :shrug:

My argument is this:

Nissan R&D would have done countless tests to find the optimal air circulation around the plenum, agreed?

So,

Who designed and verified the spacer was an "added" benefit to the air circulation, I would be very interested in seeing the document.

I don't worry about the hp gains/losses, show me the actual air flow charts and extra cubic capacity of air that the spacer provides, and how it affects the air

flow to the front 2 cylinders for their benefit.

When I fitted mine, TBH I didn't have that WOW factor I thought I was going to have after reading the hype surrounding them. So for me I was a tad disillusioned by it.

If I thought it was great, then I would praise it to the hilt, But I don't, Sorry :blush:

:lol:

No worries, everyone is entitled to free speech I just felt it was a bit harsh on Niko, I do try to ensure I sell the best products which is why I stay clear of sloped spacers, unbranded items and most replica's. Motordyne is argueably the best spacer brand on the market and it is proven, as with most performance mods you get more out of them with an uprev as we all know but I didn't sell the spacer to Niko saying it will give you 15bhp extra, he pm'd me asking if I had any in stock and I did.

As for this....

Nissan R&D would have done countless tests to find the optimal air circulation around the plenum, agreed?

Completely disagree im afraid... do you think if that was the case then they wouldnt have designed a better:

Exhaust

Airbox

Ypipe

Cats

Aerodynamics

ECU

Im glad they didn't though as there would be no need for suppliers like me :lol:

:thumbs:

Thats my opinion, said without malice, just an honest appraisal of what I feel about the spacer. No more no less. If it affects your sales, sorry :surrender:

I was under the impression that freedom of speech was available to forum members :shrug:

My argument is this:

So,

Who designed and verified the spacer was an "added" benefit to the air circulation, I would be very interested in seeing the document.

I don't worry about the hp gains/losses, show me the actual air flow charts and extra cubic capacity of air that the spacer provides, and how it affects the air

When I fitted mine, TBH I didn't have that WOW factor I thought I was going to have after reading the hype surrounding them. So for me I was a tad disillusioned by it.

If I thought it was great, then I would praise it to the hilt, But I don't, Sorry :blush:

Tarmac,

I didn't know where he bought it from and it certainly wasn't an attack on you or what products you sell. I have seen what you sell with group buys etc and i know that you supply quality gear :thumbs:

Niko, wasn't a post to put you off modding, if your doing the up rev at some stage, then it make sense to have it fitted.

Can i ask what MY car you have fitted the spacer too? If its to a 276 bhp engine then you should notice a slight difference. If its to a rev-up engine you wont notice any difference unless fitted with a mrev2 lower collector. ;)

Of course has already stated they will benefit more with an up-rev.

All right all right.......

I was just trying to be academic, now thats a word you may well need to look up........ :wacko:

Shut up Dave, trying to have an adult conversation here. Contribute something worthwhile...... :p

Chris,

don't bother arguing with Zugara.... he knows less than me :lol:

Zugara + Adult Conversation = Fail :boxing:

mind you

Me + something worthwhile also = fail :surrender:

In every thread you slate it yet you never state if it was you or a garage who fit it and what year your car was.

Also agree with tarmac your giving a sub 30k car way more credit then its due, I agree its better than the sum of its parts but its not the optimal is it?

My argument is this:

So,

I fitted it, and i had an 07 zed, what difference that makes I don't know

In every thread you slate it yet you never state if it was you or a garage who fit it and what year your car was.

Also agree with tarmac your giving a sub 30k car way more credit then its due, I agree its better than the sum of its parts but its not the optimal is it?

My argument is this:

So,

Im sure on 06+ you need a mrev2 for decent gains but on a 03+ it makes a big difference anyway. Are you sure you fit it right? No air leaks?

I fitted it, and i had an 07 zed, what difference that makes I don't know

My argument is this:

So,

Im sure on 06+ you need a mrev2 for decent gains but on a 03+ it makes a big difference anyway.

From what I have read on here you need upper and lower plenum spacers on a revup Zed, I can't remember if Paul had a bulge or not :shrug: if he did it certainly wasn't much to write home about.....

If he had a bulge then he never had a spacer

Im sure on 06+ you need a mrev2 for decent gains but on a 03+ it makes a big difference anyway.

From what I have read on here you need upper and lower plenum spacers on a revup Zed, I can't remember if Paul had a bulge or not :shrug: if he did it certainly wasn't much to write home about.....

If he had a bulge then he never had a spacer

:doh: well his was a facelift Zed so that explains why the plenum spacer did bugger all, he needed the lower one too :bangin:

No lower spacer on a rev-up. You need the upper plenum spacer and the lower mrev2 collector (on the left in the pic) Bonnet buldge not required either. ;)

PICT2218.jpg

PICT2217.jpg