Gear stick moving under accelaration

sukh13

Not really sure what you mean by movement 'under heavy gear changes', as surely changing gear involves moving the stick anyway :wacko: Mine moves SLIGHTLY if I take my foot off the gas completely quite suddenly, but I've always assumed it was just the engine/transmission shifting under torque and i've never worried about it.

DB

The other question I have is the clutch. It seems quite sharp to come in, but the biting point is quite high?

There has been a few threads on this. It does seem that some people find the biting point quite high and that it comes in quite suddenly, myself included. You will get used to it.

Next issue:

When turning right at some speed, there is a grinding noise like something skimming the brake disc?

I had the same issue, turned out to be corrosion on the inner side edge of my front brake disc. We filed off the corrosion but it didn't help, it was way past it's good days.

It was an excuse to purchase a pair of DBA 5000 2 peice rotors and Ferodo DS2500 pads I guess... :teeth::lol:

Next question is:

How long does the engine take to warm up? Is it just the temp guage that needs to get to half way? It seems to only take about 5 mins.

Does this mean I can give it some beans after this?

No that's water temp, not oil temp.

No that's water temp, not oil temp.

Thanks, how long would you say it would take to warm up so that I can go above 3k?

It doesn't take long, I would say 5-10 mins in winter weather. But then if its that cold you wouldn't want to be booting it too much anyway :drive1

The engines on a Zed are pretty reliable and robust you would have to be a total spanner to break one, it has happened though :surrender:

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so for the oil to reach normal operating temperature you'll be looking at 10-15 miles or 20 minutes driving...at least. BUT taking the engine over 3000rpm well I'd say after a minute or so, on the otherhand taking it upto to the rev limit well wait till the oils warmed up but in reality common sense...thrash it when cold and it wont last so long treat it like a lady at it will go on and on. What I would say is dont start it up and thrash it off when cold simple.

• 2 weeks later...
Good stuff i bet that was driving you mad

Yeh glad I got it sorted out :)

Next questions:

What is the revs thing for on the multi guages? Is it the Rev limiter?

Also can I switch out the passenger side window switch for an automatic switch?