May have found the one but..

Bobbyheinz

Hey guys, have just been to see a Zed (number 9) and I'm pretty keen to go for it.

It's a 55 plate GT version but has a private plate included in the sale.

It's got 55k on the clock but is in superb condition inside and out

No mods at all which is what I'm looking for

She's wanting 7800 for it which seems a good price

The thing is though, while the woman is very nice she's not to up on the finer points regarding the car.

The log book has a 2 year gap for servicing and while she says she's sure that it has been done she doesn't have the receipts.

It has been serviced in 2011 but not 10 or 09.

She's only had the car since early 2011 so doesn't even know where it would have been done.

The mileage increase between the services seems totally reasonable.

What are your thoughts regarding this affecting value etc?

Why is she selling it if she only bought it earlier in the year?

To be honest, it would depend (for me) on how many miles it had done between those services. If its only low miles and hadnt missed a P2 or P3 then id be happy. The only concern id have is maybe when i come to re-sell it, would that put off a potential buyer.

2 year gap, 55k miles and its a DE so it would have hard to read oil dip stick. I would be worried if the car burns any oil would it have been topped up right?

I would also check if its been run on super unleaded as well as recently I have heard stories about some cars going bang.... 95 ron fuel and oil starvation may have been the causes.

2 year gap isnt that long especially if the mileage is low, lots of companies are using the extended drain oils now.

depends how confident you are with cars, if you can get a good price and obviously if it looks, drives, and IS in good condition!

i bought an import earlier this year and it hadnt had one for 2/3 years but the bloke had only done 4k! i just gave it a thorough service the next weekend and it was the most reliable and cleanest car i had ever owned!

I would get the previous owners details from receipts (possibly a contact tel. no. on them) otherwise contact them via a letter. A 2 year gap in servicing is bad, but it may well be that it was serviced but the owner never too the book in to be stamped. Finding the garage who started looking after the car for the previous owner may also be possible looking through old receipts so try calling them :thumbs:

How long are you going to keep the car? If your gonna keep the car for 2-3 years+ then you'll build up your own recent service history, making the missed service less important as they are historical. I'd buy a zed with that gap in it's history if after that it had had a P1, P2, P1 and a P3 as per the service schedule.

How long are you going to keep the car? If your gonna keep the car for 2-3 years+ then you'll build up your own recent service history, making the missed service less important as they are historical. I'd buy a zed with that gap in it's history if after that it had had a P1, P2, P1 and a P3 as per the service schedule.

I'd imagine for a minimum of 3 years. This is what I'm thinking of doing...

The lack of servicing and lack of knowledge of the car would poss put me off mate. But it is a cheap zed :thumbs:

There are plenty of people out there who "just" drive the cars, and have absolutely no idea about them, male or female. Talked to so many who really don't have the foggiest idea.

Get it inspected, and if all checks out and you're happy and that "but" disappears.............. :thumbs:

The lack of servicing and lack of knowledge of the car would poss put me off mate. But it is a cheap zed :thumbs:

There are plenty of people out there who "just" drive the cars, and have absolutely no idea about them, male or female. Talked to so many who really don't have the foggiest idea.

Get it inspected, and if all checks out and you're happy and that "but" disappears.............. :thumbs:

Nothing wrong with just driving them bronzee aslong as you stick to the service intervals roughly :)

I can understand both points of view.

I suspect it probably has been serviced but without the paperwork obviously there's no guarantees.

I've got an HPI check done and all checked out fine and have booked an inspection (£249…ouch!). In the mean time though I'm going to try and contact the previous owners and Nissan to try and get some info.

It also has a cobra sports exhaust system (sorry forgot about that)

Not especially un-modified then!?!

Walk on mate - buyers market and there are plenty around.

+1

+ 2 there are too many 'what ifs' ; Missing service history, modified exhaust, current owner less than one year...

Wait for the right one to come up and haggle hard. In the current market you should get a good price.

Chris

Thanks for your input guys.

Out of interest what's the issue with the exhaust?

In my opinion nothing. It could imply a previous owner has modified the car a bit, maybe messed about with it. Or, on the other hand, it may just be that the original exhaust got worn out (or broke near the rear silencer - common problem) and the owner realised it was cheaper to replace it with an after market exhaust than an original one.

Thanks for your input guys.

Out of interest what's the issue with the exhaust?

Nothing bud but you said you were specifically looked for an unmodified car?

Cobra can get a little droney from some reviews i've heard - they look nice though B)

I'd still jib the motor though

The link Colin has put up is a fricking steal - seems a really honest advert too. Couple of problems but not much dollar to fix.