GPS Tracker

o0MattE0o

Hi all

I collect my 370z GT (Twilight Grey) up Friday :yahoo:

But my current insurance (SkyInsurance) say I have to have a tracker now I did look at other companies with one fitted but I’m saving more than half the cost by getting one fitted...

I have looked at Cobra but wondering if you lot know any other Thatcham approved GPS Trackers, also has any one got a recommended fitter around the Heathrow area?

P.S

I looked a Nissans GPS Tracker but quoted £1100+ for fitting when I have seen Cobra selling for around the £400 mark including fitting…

Also sorry if this is in the wrong sub section, but did not think this would fit under technical as it’s not as such related to the 370z

I've got a Cobra Trak 5 on mine (well, it's a rebranded Porsche one but that's what it really is) and it's awesome but a faff. Very sensitive though and I'm confident that it works as it should, only £210 per year too.

Tbh though I'd be moving insurers if they want a tracker on a 370Z, that's ridiculous. Do you live in the Bronx?!

Hi all

I collect my 370z GT (Twilight Grey) up Friday :yahoo:

But my current insurance (SkyInsurance) say I have to have a tracker now I did look at other companies with one fitted but I’m saving more than half the cost by getting one fitted...

I have looked at Cobra but wondering if you lot know any other Thatcham approved GPS Trackers, also has any one got a recommended fitter around the Heathrow area?

P.S

I looked a Nissans GPS Tracker but quoted £1100+ for fitting when I have seen Cobra selling for around the £400 mark including fitting…

Also sorry if this is in the wrong sub section, but did not think this would fit under technical as it’s not as such related to the 370z

Hi,

feel free to PM me your details and I'll have a look. In some cases (pretty rare) we do require trackers to be fitted, as ever this is usually linked to the postcode and possibly vehicle value. Hard to say without the details though.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Tbh though I'd be moving insurers if they want a tracker on a 370Z, that's ridiculous. Do you live in the Bronx?!

According to my Postcode rating UB7 = F*

Yes I do :blackeye:

I'm guessing this is the case. Spanking new 35k car in effectively a not very well rated area. Where I am (A rated), my 370z sets me back £600/pa fully comp with no special requirements needed. It must be down to postcode :shrug:

Loads of people on here are with sky and don't have a tracker fitted. pm ollie on here from sky insurance. He'll sort it out I'm sure. He's very well thought off and he'll get you a club discount

Cheque's in the post Neil :lol:

Haha add it to my discount when I turn 25 :lol:

Just out of curiosity. What is ML1 rated as?

According to my Postcode rating UB7 = F*

Yes I do :blackeye:

I'm guessing this is the case. Spanking new 35k car in effectively a not very well rated area. Where I am (A rated), my 370z sets me back £600/pa fully comp with no special requirements needed. It must be down to postcode :shrug:

West Drayton is a dump lol! No wonder you're struggling :) :)

I work near the airport. And I'm glad I don't live near it :p

No offence, if that is possible :scare:

We switched to Admiral from Aviva because they wouldn't even insure the car despite the fact that we live in a low crime area where there a plenty of pricier cars around and my better half has been driving for 20+ years withou a claim :bang: If it helps, Admiral did not require us to fit a tracker.

I have looked Admiral want 2k for insurance its cheaper for me to get a tracker...

but Im loving the car :D:thumbs: still got to get used to the clutch and the width of the car :teeth:

and remove the TAX disk holder and get a magnetic tax disc holder

I have one of these - looks quite good on the car http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-370Z-Richbrook-Twist-Open-Tax-Disc-Holder-/320687085840?pt=UK_Car_Interior_Accessories&hash=item4aaa709910