Motorcycle Chat thread

Stew

The spring is coming - well it better be!

Seeing as quite a few people are bikers I thought we could have a wee motorbike thread to discuss bikes / show pictures etc. It's nice to keep all the bikey posts together!

I'm itching to get the bike out. Missed out last weekend when it was dry up here. My Neighbour was out on all 3 of his (not at the same time obviously! :lol: ) but I couldn't get mine out as I had people working at the house.

Looking at the forecast for this week and it's blooming snow!

• 2 months later...

Went out for a wee run the other day. My counter said 170 miles so not sure if I already had some on the trip before I started.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 469177&z=9

Brilliant run. The Lecht is awesome on a bike!

From 2:30 on is Tomintoul to near enough braemar

The 'Bridge of Death' appears at 7:30! :lol::lol:

Commuting on an R1. You are a hero!

I used to commute on a brand new Ducati 748SPS for a while before I swapped it for an R1, then used that instead. R1`s are cracking bikes for commuting on, nice and easy around traffic. :)

Ive not been out on my 3 bikes for ages. Just not had the time to finish off the mods on them. Hopefully will have more time this year.

Have had a bike for last 23 years or so since being a nipper of 19.

Current bike is X reg GSXR-600 in Corona colours (with matching leathers....yeah...sad I know !!! But I like 'em B) )

Have had a 350z for about 8 months now (200sx before).

It's great fun....... :D

......but the bike is still a bigger buzz :teeth: (as long as it's dry and warm !!!! I'm getting older now.....)

But injured fingers on clutch hand mean I can't currrently ride in this great weather :thumbdown:

If you think sports cars are a buzz, you should really give biking a go....trust me, you'll be hooked !!!

I have Alpinestars gloves and boots, AGV Ti-Tech helmet but just Hein Geriche leathers. I tend to wear my kevlar jeans a lot these days as I find them comfy and great for most of my bike use. I fancy a new jacket - one with pockets! so might look at textile but might just stick with leather.... I'm not sure. I'll have a look in the shops next week.

I recently bought a Knox rucksack. What a brilliant piece of kit! You don't know it's there and everything is so well designed. A Must for anyone that needs a rucksack on a motorbike or even a pushbike!

1PC Spidi suit

spidi-rr-wind-pro-black-suit.jpg

2PC Hein Gericke leathers

83_2126634482.jpg

19_-386933188.jpg

2PC Teknic all weather gear (to hot for summer really and dont feel to safe wearing it)

3085674-9277019-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1288934509875

3085674-2309613-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1230734386390

Teknic summer jacket

477250abd013b24537eae4.jpg

Drag jeans

rx_front_med.jpg

puma bike boots

lg992075991.jpg

alpine star boots

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2vgPid-3e13L3rRY8lBbavLSslk7phQgrA2xuqmUBFSd7lArC&t=1

had some other @*!# boots that the zipper went on that went in the bin.. the puma's also had the zip go (not good for such an expensive item!)

lids

shark rsr2 with black visor (great for sunny days but not so good on later evening trips) most comfortable helmet ever owned.

shark-rsr2-absolute-big.jpg

agv ti tech (not fitting 100%, got the best all rounder visor (blue))

Ti-Tech_Dart_Blue_3_4.jpg

caberg lid with inner flip down dark visor, not great security wise and noise..

(no image)

gloves

teknicx2

3085674-9276982-thumbnail.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1288998775819

Xcelerator%20Glv-BLK-2011.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1288939424972

halvarssons, very very warm...

excellent1_b.jpg

cold killer cowl, best investment...

back protector spidi

spdefenderbc.jpg

probalby forgot one or two things, but pretty much set :blush:

oh yeah... my kriega gear :blush:

best backpack ever used on a bike, no pressure on shoulders at all, could ride wherever, whenever..

R35fitting__62269_std.jpg

full set of kriega packs (different sizes including tank bag...) think it's 85l in total... :p very versatile and nice to click on and off bike.

You must have a separate garage for all your gear!

:teeth: attic..

not to mention my 2 sets of fairing for the bike, set of wheels and tyres...

actually what tyres do you guys run? used to have avon tyres on my sv650s and they where bad... all weather yokes. my bt003's on the r6 are brilliant. have pilot sports spares and they are good too but not grippy enough for track... not to forget my paddock stands and tyre warmers :lol:

:blackeye: spent a bit on bikes...

The FZ is a solid bike. Built to a price but built by yamaha :-)

Can be a bit buzzy over long distances, brilliant for thrashing about, Take it for a test ride and see.

Take long look at chain and sprockets. Should be starting to show wear at this distance. Budget £130 to replace with decent x ring stuff.