Thieving scumbags!

Squee

what is it with me having my valve caps nicked? I'm getting sick of it now and a Squee in a rage is not a pretty sight!

Are the anti-theft ones any good? As people are clearly so excited at seeing my Zed and want to take home a little souvenir I'd worry if they couldn't get the caps off they might try thieving the aerial instead (or worse key the car if they get annoyed). So perhaps it's best to buy a 50 pack of black dust caps and let them get on with it?...

S.

Sorry to hear that mate! :angry:

Just get some plastic ones, the metal caps can corrode and then seize up on the valves, resulting in the valve snapping when trying to get the caps off, happened on my first 350z. I always have plastic ones now, nobody nicks them too!

ach it wasnt that long ago I was out stealing peoples "dusty's". Didnt even want them, it was hilarious how angry people got over a 4 quid set of dustcaps. :lol:

The joys of being a kid.

It was always a bonus getting a full set as you could punt the other 2 of to your mate for his bike for a fiver or something....

I feel you pain :console:

I have the anti theft ones from Halfrauds, about £8 :thumbs: .... even caught the little scroats TRYING to nick them on my CCTV :lol:

Think they have given up..... I keep seeing them on their bikes with green valve caps.... I doubt their tyres are nitrogen filled like mine :lol:

Hahaha, thanks all. The red mist has cleared a little now teehee. Was already in a bad mood today as the cat had wee'd in my office! :angry:

Loving the idea of the chili oil Vik - must remember about it though when I come to check the tyre pressure. Don't think it'll mix well when I come to take out my contact lenses :lol:

Neil - I thought about leaving them off but apparently quite a lot of air does escape when you don't have them fitted :shrug: and naughty naughty you for being a thief! :lol:

I know it's the hardly the worst crime to have happen to you but I take these things personally! I reckon that the young scroats probably targeted me when they saw me park up as I'm only a small 5'2" female so they probs thought I was an easy target :angry:

But anyway, I've just bought 50 on eBay for £2 delivered so that should last me a couple of months :lol:

S.

Hahaha, thanks all. The red mist has cleared a little now teehee. Was already in a bad mood today as the cat had wee'd in my office! :angry:

Loving the idea of the chili oil Vik - must remember about it though when I come to check the tyre pressure. Don't think it'll mix well when I come to take out my contact lenses :lol:

Neil - I thought about leaving them off but apparently quite a lot of air does escape when you don't have them fitted :shrug: and naughty naughty you for being a thief! :lol:

I know it's the hardly the worst crime to have happen to you but I take these things personally! I reckon that the young scroats probably targeted me when they saw me park up as I'm only a small 5'2" female so they probs thought I was an easy target :angry:

But anyway, I've just bought 50 on eBay for £2 delivered so that should last me a couple of months :lol:

S.

Lmao I nearly murdered a mate who tried to steal mines from my bike.

As long as the valves are ok no air will escape. Valve caps aren't air tight.

They just stop beggers lettin your tyres down. :lol:

ive got a spare set in my car, so far used two to replace the stolen ones, i reckon some kid took them off and put them on his bike lol. I remember those days, cant say i didnt do it myself.

As the others have said, put some plastic on and save the nice ones for shows, or just swallow the cost or buy some anti-theft ones :D

Why don't people steal wipers... :shrug: I'm sure they're worth more?...

Because you can't put a wiper on you bmx ! :lol:

I used to have nice caps where i used to live but gave up after them disappearing from my car and ending up on all the local bikes. It was quite funny really, if I was walking to the shops past the park I used to take them back off their bikes while they were playing football or hanging around. They never complained :lol:

It's pretty quiet where I am right now so could probably put some on again but not sure I'll bother.

S.

WOW!! you learn something new everyday, I always thought you were a 5'2" male! I do apologise if I ever called you mate, fella, bud, etc! :p

S.

I'm sure they do stop people letting your tyres down as easily but if i am not mistaken, they are to stop all the road crud gathering inside the valve. The clue is in the title, 'dust cap' ;)

Why don't people steal wipers... :shrug: I'm sure they're worth more?...

...thus proving that the chimps at Knowsley Safari Park are brighter than the 'orrible little scrotes :lol:

Steve350 - no worries dude! but yes I'm definitely female lol! Seems to be quite a few of us on this site.

Hopefully my big bag of dust caps will be here in a couple of days - might approach groups of youths and offer the bag round like it's a bag of sweets teehee.

S.

That's just like leaving cash on your car - easy pickings. Save them for the shows and make do with the black plastic ones otherwise.

Same as Ebi, keep a good set for events and shows. Locking ones are quite handy, as the little charmers probably won't have a spanner handy. :lol::thumbs:

S.

I'm sure they do stop people letting your tyres down as easily but if i am not mistaken, they are to stop all the road crud gathering inside the valve. The clue is in the title, 'dust cap' ;)

Not to worry valves are very cheap also, missus dad owns a tyre shop. Ive not had dustcaps for nearly 3 years and have had no issues yet. The car doesn't get dirty enough to build up crap in them. Doesn't get used in winter either so no drama

what is it with me having my valve caps nicked? I'm getting sick of it now and a Squee in a rage is not a pretty sight!

Are the anti-theft ones any good? As people are clearly so excited at seeing my Zed and want to take home a little souvenir I'd worry if they couldn't get the caps off they might try thieving the aerial instead (or worse key the car if they get annoyed). So perhaps it's best to buy a 50 pack of black dust caps and let them get on with it?...

S.

got some richbrook ones. very good. Had my Zed ones nicked before

got this style http://www.richbrook-styling.co.uk/whee ... ft-caps/74