Fuel & Travelling

ioneabee

Most Tesco, BP or Shell will do Premium Unleaded (97+). I find that I can always get somewhere that sells it. I usually brim the tank before we leave at the local Tesco, then refill every time it gets to say half, so you know you always have between a half full and completely full tank. If you always have half a tank you can always fine some proper stuff and if you can, you are only mixing it with half a tank of good stuff ;)

Just about to leave for Stratford - so by the time I get there it will probably be down to 1/4, have been on the web and found the tesco store no problems (hopefully with 99ron) - but otherwise do you just drop in and drive through as necessary or do you "plan" it

Only part of a plan I have it to get fuel when the tank gets less than half full. If I spot a station and dont know where the next one is and I have less than half a tank, I will duck in and top up. In reality this only happens on long trips to the lakes or the hoon as any others I make sure I get fuel locally and have enough to get home. In France when we went this year all stations did 98RON so just filled up when I got to about 1/2 tank.

You should be good to get most of the way there and a good way back on a tank, so just pop into a services to top up. I would do it before getting close to London so it doesnt get too expensive ;)

I would do it before getting close to London so it doesnt get too expensive ;)

plenty of cheaper petrol in london, more competition!

Wasnt the case in Slough, it was about 5p/l more expensive than Basingstoke, which in itself isnt a very cheap place either :surrender:

Most sat-navs will provide the PS locations - thats what I use and try not to let the tank go below the fourth 'dot' on the 370 guage.

That said, when I had the GT Edition the other weekend the range told me I had run out on the M25, but 20 miles later it was still running before a fill-up. Its reckoned you have 50 or so miles left after the the range says nothing - dependent on how heavy your right foot is of course and I have been known (but rarely) to feather it :lol:

Ours mostly drinks 97 from the local Texaco. Am I right in thinking this isn't doing the engine any harm? :thumbs:

the label on the fuel filler cap says...........

would like to think 1 octane difference is not going to hurt :shrug:

Most sat-navs will provide the PS locations - thats what I use and try not to let the tank go below the fourth 'dot' on the 370 guage.

That said, when I had the GT Edition the other weekend the range told me I had run out on the M25, but 20 miles later it was still running before a fill-up. Its reckoned you have 50 or so miles left after the the range says nothing - dependent on how heavy your right foot is of course and I have been known (but rarely) to feather it :lol:

I know in the 350 that when it says i have --- miles left,that iv got about 50 miles. I really pushed my luck the other day,and when i filled up,i worked out i only had 3 litres of fuel left in the tank before i refueled. Thats the least iv ever had in there.

I would do it before getting close to London so it doesnt get too expensive ;)

plenty of cheaper petrol in london, more competition!

Not true, was in London last weekend, the fuel was a couple pence more expensive in the places I saw it for sale than in Cardiff :p thankfully I was in my soot chucker which did the return trip on half a tank.