Sorry - Searching Skills Lacking

SteveJJH

i'm probably being really thick here, but a little while ago i was on here looking for tyre recommendations and someone posted a link to an external site where there was a list of the most recommended tyres specifically for the 350z.

now i can't find it. anyone know where it is?

Thanks Wesmin, that's the one

Are those Falkens really good? They look like they might be a bargain :)

for the money paid they are alot of tyre for the price. i currently run them on my 20inch rims for the XKR and i ran them on the S2000 both of a 30 profile.

the reason i mention this is that alot of people complain they don't like them, but i think the issue is they ran them on the higher profile (stock 350Z size) of 45. i think the extra heingt gave more tyre movement and there for not met the users need. but in order to run lower profile you'll need after market wheels.

on the low profile on both the s2k and the XKR the falkens have been brilliant. really like them.

on the zed on stock profile the sessantas are a top choice. i ran them on my zed and really liked them, very competant tyre.

if you have more cash, look at things like mich PS2's etc.

Tyres have been discussed many many times on here...

...from my experience i didnt really like the Falkens, and i've had Vredsteins on a previous car and wasnt really a fan. However the Goodyear Eagle F1's that i've got at the moment are awesome. :thumbs: So much grip (taken them on track a couple of times and they're amazing)

Tyres have been discussed many many times on here...

...from my experience i didnt really like the Falkens, and i've had Vredsteins on a previous car and wasnt really a fan. However the Goodyear Eagle F1's that i've got at the moment are awesome. :thumbs: So much grip (taken them on track a couple of times and they're amazing)

I have goodyear f1's on my suzuki swift sport and they have been amazing. 20k miles and still got loads of tread.

Ive heard people talking about them on here also. I think captain shaved a second or 2 of a laptime changing to them

Well, I'm running standard Rays, so 45 profile. I've never heard of the sessantas. I wont be cutting corners money wise on my car, but I could really do with not spending a fortune right now

to be honest unless your pushing the car to its upper limits i'll doubt you'll notice much difference.

your top 3 choices from what people use on here

vredestein ultrac sessanta

Falken 452

toyo proxies t1r

and i'd rank them in that order. but to be honest i think the toyo's are rubbish; that and they are slowing production of them as well.

sessantas are hard to find at times they go out of stock quick

falkens good alrounder

Well, I'm running standard Rays, so 45 profile. I've never heard of the sessantas. I wont be cutting corners money wise on my car, but I could really do with not spending a fortune right now

to be honest unless your pushing the car to its upper limits i'll doubt you'll notice much difference.

your top 3 choices from what people use on here

vredestein ultrac sessanta

Falken 452

toyo proxies t1r

and i'd rank them in that order. but to be honest i think the toyo's are rubbish; that and they are slowing production of them as well.

sessantas are hard to find at times they go out of stock quick

falkens good alrounder

T1-R's IMO are better than falkens but thats me. I think the gsd3 and f1 assy are great but its hard to get them in the rays size. :thumbs:

I think 452s are ok if your not used to driving hard on a decent tyre. However, if you are used to driving hard on a decent tyre (especially in the wet) then they are horrible. fealt to me like the tread blocks were shimmying around. and in the wet i allways found myself approacing corners with slight camber or greasy surface with a 'cling on for dear life' expression on my face

Money is often a big issue when it comes to tyre choice in here but IMHO you will get far more enjoyment and performance from having the best tyre you can afford rather than skimp and spend money on other mods. I bet my pretty much standard Zed on MPS3s would leave many of the slightly modified Zeds running on falkens in here for dead in the twisties.

I have tried lots of different brands of tyres over the past 5-6 or so years and the ones that stood out were goodyear F1s and my favourite was the Michelin Pilot-sport 3. i have to say the 452s were the 2nd worst only to the crappy Kaisers (no i hadent heard of them neither) that came on my car. i can't settle for anything less now. i'm very tempted to go for the pilot super-sports next but they cost a LOT!!! :wacko:

The above is only my opinion as i'm sure some will disagree but i just think tyres are the most important aspect of a car and the one place where you should not feel guilty about buying the best you can.

I think 452s are ok if your not used to driving hard on a decent tyre. However, if you are used to driving hard on a decent tyre (especially in the wet) then they are horrible. fealt to me like the tread blocks were shimmying around. and in the wet i allways found myself approacing corners with slight camber or greasy surface with a 'cling on for dear life' expression on my face

Money is often a big issue when it comes to tyre choice in here but IMHO you will get far more enjoyment and performance from having the best tyre you can afford rather than skimp and spend money on other mods. I bet my pretty much standard Zed on MPS3s would leave many of the slightly modified Zeds running on falkens in here for dead in the twisties.

I have tried lots of different brands of tyres over the past 5-6 or so years and the ones that stood out were goodyear F1s and my favourite was the Michelin Pilot-sport 3. i have to say the 452s were the 2nd worst only to the crappy Kaisers (no i hadent heard of them neither) that came on my car. i can't settle for anything less now. i'm very tempted to go for the pilot super-sports next but they cost a LOT!!! :wacko:

The above is only my opinion as i'm sure some will disagree but i just think tyres are the most important aspect of a car and the one place where you should not feel guilty about buying the best you can.

:clap: Great post.

I'm a poser, so Falkens suit me fine, lol

haha. well at least you're honest. :lol:

But honestly, I've just replaced my Falken 452's on my Volks with another set of the same.

For me the Falkens are a good tyre, well priced and performs well to my needs.

It is my daily driver and I occasionally indulge in some spirited driving and they have lasted me two years, including a couple of trips to Germany and The Ring. Although I agree that they won't offer Goodyear F1 or MPS3 levels of grip, I am more than happy with them.