Forza 4. Ohmygaweeesawboootifawl!

Railgun

Was down at Game this morning. No queue I might add!

Got the game, and the guy managed to push the new wireless wheel on me. I have a good wheel for the PC/PS3 so was a bit "nah I'm ok" but after a wee shot in the store, it actually felt ok. Tenner off it when bought with the game and had 20 quid on my loyalty card, so why not!

Getting it home, its actually not bad, and the game is glorious! Really stunning! GT5 nyeeefff!

That said..............it maybe fun, but I'll be taking the Z out later! :yahoo:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off to get FM4 tomorrow and a new XB360 so I can play it on my projector as the current XB360 doesnt have HDMI (original 360 FTW - it even lived past several RROD!). Luckily my old XB360 has been modded and already in a black case so no one will know its been switched muhahahaha :lol:

Off to get FM5 tomorrow and a new XB360 so I can play it on my projector as the current XB360 doesnt have HDMI (original 360 FTW - it even lived past several RROD!). Luckily my old XB360 has been modded and already in a black case so no one will know its been switched muhahahaha :lol:

LOL naughty!

What is it with people on this forum and modding stuff! :lol::lol::lol:

Off to get FM5 tomorrow and a new XB360 so I can play it on my projector as the current XB360 doesnt have HDMI (original 360 FTW - it even lived past several RROD!). Luckily my old XB360 has been modded and already in a black case so no one will know its been switched muhahahaha :lol:

LOL naughty!

What is it with people on this forum and modding stuff! :lol::lol::lol:

Well when it RROD out of warranty - thanks Gears of War! - I had to crack it open I thought I might as well get some mods in there. So added some internal ducting to get the GPU more airflow and some silent fans. I also butchered up the rear with some tinsnips which I was told when my mate went to pull the box out out of the cabinet was a bit dangerous with sharp edges :blush: So I got a nice black case to replace the original so it blended in with the other AV equipment which is all black. Simplez really :lol: I think I will keep the old one as a spare to prove that gen 1 XB360s can live past RROD :lol:

Never mind all the modding, how the hell are you going to get Forza 5 when Forza 4 just came out today ;)

Going to drop by Game this lunchtime to pick it up.

I have a share in a pool hall now and first thing I done was install two xbox 360s with 40" LCD's for people to hire. I get all the top titles like GoW3, Fifa 12 etc and we run small tournaments when pool tournaments are on as people are waiting about.

Lots of people are looking forward to having FM4 tournaments already...

No weather, no night/day, and most importantly no Porsche! :scare: I'm sadly going to have to skip this version, tbh I still haven't completed 3 yet any way.

Maybe they're saving all the really good stuff up for FM6 on the Xbox Next? One can hope, at least. Regardless, FM still p*sses on GT from a great height when it comes to the feel of the actual cars, which is the important bit.

TBH couldnt care less about weather or those crappy Beetles so long as the realism is there :lol:

PH had a QA session with one of the guys involved in FM4 - was quite a good read. Quite supprising the lenghs they apparently go to to make it realistic. I've always thought that FM feels better than GT to play.

By developing for the xbox only, they have a standard hardware set they can tweak the game for. Knowing it will play correctly on everyones machine. Developing so it will run on a myriad of differing graphics cards with various different interpretations of texture shading/lighting etc etc would be a lot bigger task.

No weather, no night/day, and most importantly no Porsche! :scare: I'm sadly going to have to skip this version, tbh I still haven't completed 3 yet any way.

Maybe they're saving all the really good stuff up for FM6 on the Xbox Next? One can hope, at least. Regardless, FM still p*sses on GT from a great height when it comes to the feel of the actual cars, which is the important bit.

I know it's always nice to race your own car, but your missing out on a fantastic game...

And there are better cars than yours on it anyway :lol::lol::lol:

I played GT for about a week after I got it and then lent it to my son, I found it boring :thumbdown:

By developing for the xbox only, they have a standard hardware set they can tweak the game for. Knowing it will play correctly on everyones machine. Developing so it will run on a myriad of differing graphics cards with various different interpretations of texture shading/lighting etc etc would be a lot bigger task.

This is true and why I am happy enough its on XB360 only. The chap in the PH interview did say they'd rather focus their best resources on getting the best from the xbox rather than focus on porting the game. Means the experience we get on the xbox will be even better :thumbs:

I thought xbox was pretty much the same sort of architecture as a pc? Maybe it isnt... i`ll have to google and see!

EDIT: Just been googling and it looks like microsoft only do Forza 4 on the xbox as they want people to buy consoles! Shame as my the graphics card alone in my mediapc cost me more than an xbox would.

Well went and picked it up at lunchtime, also bought the wireless steering wheel after reading a review about it...

Now can't wait to get home, only to find a meeting request for 5pm from my good friends in America!!!!damn...blast...

Be interested to hear what you think about the wireless wheel.... some mixed reviews :snack:

The architecture in an xbox is quite similar to a PC in the fact it has a cpu, gpu, memory and hard drive.

So its similar to one specific make and model of pc, with one specific graphics card and driver, one specific type of processor etc. As sonn as you allow people to change the hardware, as people are free to do in the PC market, then your software has to account for so many more variables and be robust enough to cope with these without falling over.

The architecture in an xbox is quite similar to a PC in the fact it has a cpu, gpu, memory and hard drive.

So do the servers at work, and my iphone, my NAS box (NAS doesnt have a GPU) - but the architectures are very very different. Depends on what you consider architecture.

It uses a PPC chip so its actually closer to an iPad or PS3 than a PC ;) Its highly customised to do exactly what it needs to and to port it to work on normal PCs (x86/x86-64) would be a major PITA. The only reason you would do it is to make an engine that would run the game on other systems as well, but this has proved quite buggy in the past so they have largely given up with it now. The game is so highly developed and optimized for the Xb360 it would need serious work or a seriously powerful PC to run it.