370 Sat Nav

Mrzapie

Hi,

Picked up the new to us 2010 370 auto Roadster on Friday :yahoo:, much more refined compared to our 07 350 roadster, grip and turn in are superb with a vastly improved ride. Shocked with the fuel consumption - never seen 30+ before, pity it doesn't growl anymore.

As a newbie I've got a few queries for the 370 meisters;

The handbooks that came with the car make no reference to the roadster or to touch screen navigation and FYI Nissan UK don't hold any?!

The car was advertised with a DVD based nav system, the car has a touch screen, USB port, trick bluetooth pairing, voice recognition and "Music Box", I'm assuming this is the hard drive based connect premium system, which logic would suggest doesn't run off a DVD or maybe it does.

Have I got connect premium?

How do I update the nav system and does it really cost 399 euros - as advertised by Navteq?

If it's DVD or smartcard based has anyone tried any editing software to add in custom poi's?

Where do I find instructions for managing the music box

Thanks in anticipation

Hi,

Picked up the new to us 2010 370 auto Roadster on Friday :yahoo:, much more refined compared to our 07 350 roadster, grip and turn in are superb with a vastly improved ride. Shocked with the fuel consumption - never seen 30+ before, pity it doesn't growl anymore.

As a newbie I've got a few queries for the 370 meisters;

The handbooks that came with the car make no reference to the roadster or to touch screen navigation and FYI Nissan UK don't hold any?!

The car was advertised with a DVD based nav system, the car has a touch screen, USB port, trick bluetooth pairing, voice recognition and "Music Box", I'm assuming this is the hard drive based connect premium system, which logic would suggest doesn't run off a DVD or maybe it does.

How do I update the nav system and does it really cost 399 euros - as advertised by Navteq?

If it's DVD or smartcard based has anyone tried any editing software to add in custom poi's?

Where do I find instructions for managing the music box

Thanks in anticipation

If you have touch screen, USB etc I am fairly sure you have Connect Premium. Ours is an 09 DVD based system and it doesn't have those features. As I've posted in previous threads, it seems that it's not uncommon for some dealers to not know exactly what they're selling. I've no idea how Connect Premium systems are updated but someone on here will know. Enjoy your new car :thumbs:

As far as I am aware, all roadsters are MY2010+. As Connect Premium was introduced in the roadster first, I think its actually impossible to get a roadster that does not have Connect Premium. Certainly from what you have said, you definately do have Connect Premium :thumbs:

I'll have a look on the US forums and see if they have the PDF of the instructions for the system. Not quite the same as the UK, but it will describe most of it. The differences I do know if is that we have Michellin POIs which they dont and I think they have some radio features (XM possibly) which obviously we dont.

totally agree, no clear instruction for the music box and it can get complicated. black rose best colour like mine. I was told Nissan parts have the upgrade on a DVD, not sure of cost, but it is crazy that a 35K sports car does not give you free upgrades like a £150 sat nav bought at halfords, bit of a disgrace.

This thread http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=51366 starts on the DVD based version and then addresses the HDD based Premium Connect (dealers are unable to agree whether it is Connect Premium or Premium Connect) - basically no update for the HDD version in spite of DVD version being available and latest 370Z has updated maps - my roadster in now almost 5 months, out of date maps and no info from Nissan about when an update might be available.

Thank god I bought it as a great car and not for the satnav - TomTom rules!

Andrew