When it rains it Poors

chocohercules

Big end...... :scare:

Likewise, id probably off load it to a car dealer.

My missus`s last car needed a head gasket and we were quoted £1500 from a garage to fix when the car was only worth £2500. Id have done it myself but it was going to be a nightmare 15hours labour to do it. So, we off loaded it to a car dealer in part ex for something else. Car dealer seemed happy enough as he probably thought he was ripping us off nicely on the deal. I have noticed however the cars never been on the road since so once he realised the car was shagged he probably dumped it in an auction and its been parted out for spares or something.

My missus`s last car needed a head gasket and we were quoted £1500 from a garage to fix when the car was only worth £2500. Id have done it myself but it was going to be a nightmare 15hours labour to do it. So, we off loaded it to a car dealer in part ex for something else. Car dealer seemed happy enough as he probably thought he was ripping us off nicely on the deal. I have noticed however the cars never been on the road since so once he realised the car was shagged he probably dumped it in an auction and its been parted out for spares or something.

Christ, and we have a bad name!! :lol::lol:

Yep....... :blush:

lol, well ive lost count of the amount of time dealers have ripped people i know off, so it was nice to kinda get my own back a little. If it makes you feel better, it turned out the car he sold us had been in an accident, it also needed a full service (he said it had been done but oil was black & air filters were also black), needed new top mounts, new antiroll bar links, new brake pads & discs and a few other bits. So he clearly wasnt the most honest of dealers.

lol, well ive lost count of the amount of time dealers have ripped people i know off, so it was nice to kinda get my own back a little. If it makes you feel better, it turned out the car he sold us had been in an accident, it also needed a full service (he said it had been done but oil was black & air filters were also black), needed new top mounts, new antiroll bar links, new brake pads & discs and a few other bits. So he clearly wasnt the most honest of dealers.

Don’t get me wrong, I fully understand, it was the mercenary wording that made me laugh!! :teeth:

Hi my local garage looked at it! There was sump damage on the car! changed the sump, there was no engine oil in the car. engine wouldnt start until it was topped up with oil! this is where the damage has happened? Car drives but Engine noisey and lack of power!! at first we thought it was the clutch? clutch and flywheel changed, still getting the knocking, rattle sound, checked gearbox, A OK!! started car without gearbox noise still there, had the car up on a hydraulic lift thingy to listen underneath and can hear the noise coming from under the flywheel area! :scare:

Hi Chocohercules,

This wouldn't be the same accident damaged car you originally posted about many months ago? The one with the hole in the sump and not running?

If it is, I know it's not what you want to hear, but you could be just throwing more money away. Maybe time to cut your losses and stick it on e-bay?

Best of luck watever you do.

Don’t get me wrong, I fully understand, it was the mercenary wording that made me laugh!! :teeth:

Well it was like a secret mission with the resetting of all the engine warning lights using my netbook & obd lead stashed in my missus`s handbag whilst we were parked up outside the dealers. :lol:

Hi Chocohercules,

This wouldn't be the same accident damaged car you originally posted about many months ago? The one with the hole in the sump and not running?

Blimey, good memory!

Well it appears that the Sump was damaged in the shunt and was leaking! There was no Oil in the car and this is what is given me the starting problem lack of oil!

I guess the lack of oil was a slightly more terminal problem in the end :(