My Detailing Service

Hi i was reccomended to come here from the other zed forum from Digsy. I have just set up my own detailing company which from the help of zed owners is doing very well. After finding out about this site from Digsy i would like to offer you my services, and also offer forum members a discount from 5-15% depending on the service you require. My web site is www.sparkle-car-care.com so please feel free to have a browse at some of my work.

I have spoken to a mod and a promotional code has been set, so if you are interested please contact them for the code.

Thank you foy your time Steve :thumbs:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate thanks for the comments feedback is always good. The reason for no price is really because of the time taken really. I made the mistake once of quoting the same price for an Aston and a Bentley. The Bentley took me 2 hours longer. So i now quote per car.

Location really is not a problem either because i will travel anywhere although again the price will differ according to location. If i cant do the job i know quite a few detailers round the country who i could reccomend.

Products, thats a good point i will put some on there. A few of the more prestige products i use are very funny about using there name. Some ask upwards of 5k to use there name, ill let u work out hwo they are :D

Also im more than happy to reccomend products and advice on techniques for those of you that want to do it yourself. Just give me a shout and ill do my best to help. Thanks Steve

I made the mistake once of quoting the same price for an Aston and a Bentley. The Bentley took me 2 hours longer. So i now quote per car.

Fair point. It would be a good idea to have some examples though. If I were searching for a detailer and came across your site, it would switch me off, not have any reference to price. Others do, so as a consumer, that makes my life easier. Also, I do not want to be rining you 21:00 on your mobile asking for prices if time is limited during the day (due to work for instance).

Location really is not a problem either because i will travel anywhere although again the price will differ according to location.

It is important to know where you are based. Again, I don't want to be calling you up to find out you're in Southampton and driving to Leeds to clean my car will take more time in travel than it will to do the job.

Although this is in no way related your own operation, in my own personal experience, professional car cleaning companies tend to do the easier bits well (i.e. clean the body-work) and miss out on the detailing inside the cab. Those hard to reach places between switches etc. can only really be got at with those detailing stick things, which is why in the past I've paid (over the odds) to have my car cleaned. Usually not noticed at the time of handing over the cash, which is a bit annoying.

Attention to detail is what I would want from a professional car cleaning company, which has been lacking from others in the past (which means no repeat business). I am not suggesting for one minute that you guys are the same, just relaying my experiences.

Again, good luck with the business. Anyone with the nuts to go it alone deserves props :thumbs:

I don't think we are talking about run-of-the-mill car cleaning companies here, detailing is an art, and as the name implies... it's all about attention to detail.

Personally I can do a better job than most normal car cleaning companies, btw. Far better job. But that takes ages, hence the professional detailer figure comes into the picture.

Thanks for the comments and i understand your comments. With thought i think a price guide would be a good idea and in the near futur that will be added.

What i have also noticed is how you notice the difference between a detailer and a valeter or hand car wash and again this is good news from my point. Some people find it hard to justify the cost of having there car detailed, but as posted earlier u need patience and skill to create the perfect finish. Thanks again for your comments

Thanks Digsy for the reccomendation. Hopefully if we can get a few of u Northern members then ill come up and show what i can do :teeth:

I still don't know where you are based mate B)

Quick question: Do you take the wheels off to clean them properly?

EDIT: Also, do you have one of those fancy machines that measures paint "depth"?

I'd imagine that a paint guage is standard kit for all detailers. The 350Z is VERY thin paint!

Detailers don't just clean the car, they restore the paint and make it like new. This is a real art form. The results can be absolutely amazing.

Hi mate i am based around the sevenoaks area, although as i said i will travel, and also i may be coming up North around the end of March for detailing week or so.

To answer a few questions, i do have a PTG, which measures the thickness of the paint.

I dont take the wheels off mainly due to the fact that if u were to have a crash due to incorrect fitting of wheels etc then i would be liable.

I dont have any before and afters pics as yet although i do have after pics of a zed i done a few months back. Take a look in the gallery on www.sparkle-car-care.com

Thanks

i am based around the sevenoaks area

Which is where I got "the yellow peril" from :thumbs:

Give us ball-park for rates (based on how much you charged for the last Z for example) and I might be intertested (funds permitting!) when you journey to where it's grim.

Ok mate well prices will vary depending on numbers up there but as a rough guide it will be:

Standard detail 100GBP

Advanced Detail, 150GBP

Tailored including paint correction it will be, 235GBP

As i said these are subject to change. What do u think?

Maybe daft question, but your trade is a bit new to me , and from what i have heard up to now I am VERY interested, but one thing I want to clarify:

You mention about paint correction... does this mean that you can make good the 2 spots of pigeon damage which came with the car when i bought it, or do I have to go and get these re-sprayed in advance and then call you?

(also, is bedfordshire within your normal working range, or will it require a special visit.)

Hi mate just sent u a pm regarding your message. Bird etchings are normally not a problem to remove. Paint correction also involves swirl removal and surface scratches being removed. This leaves the perfect base for the glazes sealents and carnauba wax's to do there bit.B)

Ok mate well prices will vary depending on numbers up there but as a rough guide it will be:

Standard detail 100GBP

Advanced Detail, 150GBP

Tailored including paint correction it will be, 235GBP

As i said these are subject to change. What do u think?

Is there a summary of what the different levels are? :)