Black Edition for sale - views please...

sipar69

Hi all,

I'm seriously considering going to look at this at the weekend with a view to trading in my current Z (09 GT Ultimate - White).

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201136413743294/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/370_z/make/nissan/page/1/quicksearch/true/postcode/tw14na/radius/20?logcode=p

I not unhappy with the current car - far from it - but I've always loved the look of the Black Edition and I'm guessing it might hold it's value for longer, being limited edition.

I'd be interested to know if you think it looks a decent price for the mileage etc. And can anyone explain what "Parking distance control" is? I thought it might mean parking sensors, but I can see any in the pictures.

I'm a bit of a novice at car buying (only passed my test quite recently - late starter at 40!) so any tips on what to look out for would be great too)

Cheers. :thumbs:

If you dont mind me asking why are you not happy with your current 370z?

I not unhappy with the current car - far from it - but I've always loved the look of the Black Edition and I'm guessing it might hold it's value for longer, being limited edition.

;)

No ideas on values - as I have no plans on selling mine (EVER!) I'm keeping my head in the sand so I dont get depressed :blush:

About £2k over-priced in this market and you'll probably be offered less than £20k for yours.

Only the 2011 GT Edition is a significant upgrade from older cars (revised suspension, sound proofing).

+1

The cost to change is likely to be £7k+ :wacko:

Also, if your going to push the boat out for a limited edition, get the limited colour; Quartz. It's not that I like the Quartz, it's just that I don't really get buying a limited edition car in a standard colour, much the same as the Kuro 350Z GT4's. Nobody pays a premium for them now but the UY's will (albeit not massive) as they are so few and far between....

Dont buy a limited 370z at all if you are seriously thinking it will hold more value. With each model repition they will add new features that will be more desireable. Look at the new plain GT for MY11 - it has "updated" dampers and sound deadening. Havent been in one yet but sure people will be more likely to want that than a special edition. I got mine for the (for now) exclusive colour, interior and callipers. Wheels were exclusive but now arent. Hopefully they dont have any of the red interiors left to stick on standard cars :thumbdown:

I would agree with the above the Cap Value on the car is below, but as mentioned I don’t really see what you are going to gain. The white cars are more desirable currently in the 370Z, but the black looks good too. Personally I would keep your car and re spray the wheels grey!

NISSAN 370Z COUPE SPECIAL EDITIONS 3.7 V6 Black Edition 3dr (2010), 2010 10 , 7,000 Miles

Mileage Retail Clean Average Poor

7,000 24750 22375 21750 20975

If you dont mind me asking why are you not happy with your current 370z?

He said not UNhappy :)

whoops :lol::blush:

Yep I love the White Z as does my better-half! I reckon I'll stay as I am for now. The Black Ed is tempting, but I guess it makes more sense to hold out until my current finance agreement comes to end in about 18 months then look at a GT Edition, otherwise I'm taking a big financial hit for little more than a different colour

(Not been able to find a single picture of a GT Edition in black yet though....).

Cheers for all the advice! B)

As above, same as a black 40th but without red callipers or interior ;)

And the stripe as well I guess?

Think thats optional. Personally its too "911" try hard for me, I wouldnt have it.

Ahhhh I didn't realise that! Good news for me, as it's the only thing about the GT Ed that I'm not keen on.

erm.... I wasn't given a choice ??

but as its on the black rose colour (black would be the same) it's not too shouty - so I'm ok with it :D

on the white, however, it's very distinctive :blush:

As with everything Nissan, I doubt the dealer knew it could be spec'd without :lol: I would assume its not laquered in, you could just remove it with hairdryer, patience and some bug/tar remover :thumbs:

erm.... I wasn't given a choice ??

but as its on the black rose colour (black would be the same) it's not too shouty - so I'm ok with it :D

on the white, however, it's very distinctive :blush:

I think someone posted a picture of a Black Rose GT Ed. a while back and I remember that the stripe wasn't very prominent. I could probably live with it on a Black one (since I'll be buying second hand if I get in one in about 18 months, I probably won't have much of a choice!)

No point in trying to beat the depreciation game with these cars. Whilst dealers keep offering these sorts of deals we're all f*cked :rant: ...

http://www.westwaynissan.co.uk/new-niss ... erGT-offer

...plus I should add, when I nearly posted about this yesterday, the deal was a saving over over £7k, it's been bettered to a saving of over £10k in the last 24 hours. We'll all be driving Micras when our deals expire due to the severe kicking Nissan are forcing upon us all with these deals.

Farkin ell! :scare:

Anyone now looking to get into these cars is getting a very good deal indeed! I think I will never sell my car as I will just cry at how little its worth. Far better getting it mounted somehow in the house as a piece of art :lol:

No point in trying to beat the depreciation game with these cars. Whilst dealers keep offering these sorts of deals we're all f*cked :rant: ...

http://www.westwaynissan.co.uk/new-niss ... erGT-offer

...plus I should add, when I nearly posted about this yesterday, the deal was a saving over over £7k, it's been bettered to a saving of over £10k in the last 24 hours. We'll all be driving Micras when our deals expire due to the severe kicking Nissan are forcing upon us all with these deals.

Ello - weren't you going to post a vid of your new Stillen in action?! :)

Ello - weren't you going to post a vid of your new Stillen in action?! :)

Ha ha, I'll happily do so if someone could help me with two things -:

1) how to blank out my reg.plate from the video I've already taken

2) how best to upload full 1080p video clips that range from 200mb to 350mb